Ignorance is a pain...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewser09

Reaction score
So about a month ago i had my old fuse box replaced with a circit box and i don't know to be happy or pissed :S I popped down a few times and noticed they were standing on a white bucket i didn't think of it until he was almost finished when i noticed it was my botteling bucket!!!! WTF???? He was standing on it (On concrete) moving it around and everything:confused:, he then proceded to throw his tools in it and haul it to his van!!! I had to go ask for it back and i did a once over of it aside from it being dirty and the lip being pretty beat up it looks ok. But i wanted everyones opinon on it should i use it or pitch it? I was content that he was using it (after all it gave me a reason to get rid of the bucket i want to just use carboys) but with it being my bottleing bucket i'm pissed and don't know what to do! Any help would be appreciated. And FYI if you ever have work done near your brew area hide anything that can be used to "assist" the person doing the job or else your hydrometer might be used to mix paint :S:mad:

I would probably get a new one, they aren't that expensive, but that is just me. You know what though it sounds like a good excuse to switch to kegs... Sorry honey my bottling bucket was destroyed so I had to spend 500 bucks to get a kegging setup. :p

It really depends on how scratched up the inside of the bucket is. You mentioned he tossed his tools into it? Regarding carboys, I much prefer using buckets. Good, clean, unscratched buckets without the spigot.

Yeah, they used my Ale Pale when they were draining my hot water pipes. Nevermind that there weren't ten ****ing dozen Homer buckets and empty taping compound buckets kicking around, use the one that's got the hops and barley printed on it!

I's *probably* pitch it myself, they're only what, maybe 10 bucks? The scratches are going to be tough to sanitize. It should be OK (you aren't fermenting in it, and the scratches are only on the lip), but he probably made some other scratches inside when he tossed his tools in it. $10 for peace of mind, YMMV.

So about a month ago i had my old fuse box replaced with a circit box and i don't know to be happy or pissed :S I popped down a few times and noticed they were standing on a white bucket i didn't think of it until he was almost finished when i noticed it was my botteling bucket!!!! WTF???? He was standing on it (On concrete) moving it around and everything:confused:, he then proceded to throw his tools in it and haul it to his van!!! I had to go ask for it back and i did a once over of it aside from it being dirty and the lip being pretty beat up it looks ok. But i wanted everyones opinon on it should i use it or pitch it? I was content that he was using it (after all it gave me a reason to get rid of the bucket i want to just use carboys) but with it being my bottleing bucket i'm pissed and don't know what to do! Any help would be appreciated. And FYI if you ever have work done near your brew area hide anything that can be used to "assist" the person doing the job or else your hydrometer might be used to mix paint :S:mad:

Too bad it's too late to cancel the check. Professionals are supposed to use all their own equipment and tools, clean up after themselves, put everything back to where it was, and not steal anything. When the business call looking for payment you could then coordinate appropriate compensation for their damage, never mind the attempted theft.

If you paid with a credit card you can contact the card issuer to coordinate an appropriate action against the business.

I would call the electrician and explain that he will be getting a bill for a new bucket. Buy one, and drop by the shop....and don't leave to you recieve payment. I'm an electrician and I show up with a ladder, knowing full well if I stand on good ole aunt Martha's chair and break it, I'm gonna have to pay to fix it. Plus...trying to steal the bucket would get the guy/gal fired if they worked for me. As an electrician, I've worked in many homes where the homeowner wasn't there. The trust factor that a client places with you is one of your most important assets as a company.

I would hope the bucket had a handle, so he could more easily pull it from his rear point of contact.

:mad:

Call the company, let them know what their employee did, but I really wouldn't push anything further than that. Just buy a new $15 bucket. A buckets is cheaper than the risk of wasting batch after which you'll replace the bucket anyway.

It's also a lot easier to get a new bucket than it is to find a decent electrician.

I highly doubt there was any nefarious intention, he had used the bucket thinking it was a $3 bucket, and probably grabbed it on his way out without thinking that it wasn't his.

It's also a lot easier to get a new bucket than it is to find a decent electrician.

I highly doubt there was any nefarious intention, he had used the bucket thinking it was a $3 bucket, and probably grabbed it on his way out without thinking that it wasn't his.

He is not worthly of being called an "electrician" by how it was explained he operates I bet he works out of the trunk of a Honda Civic that's also the company office. I know a van.
You should of had them on the spot deduct for the cost of the bucket replacement, a little too late now accepting the bucket back.
They advertise the business with stapled tear offs on telephone poles?

Latest posts

Back