idiots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ol' Grog

Reaction score
IDIOTS IN SERVICE:
This week, all our office phones went dead and I had to contact the telephone repair people. They promised to be out between 8:00 a.m and 7:00 p.m. When I asked if they could give me a smaller time window the pleasant gentleman asked, "Would you like us to call you before we come?" I replied that I didn't see how he would be able to do that, since our phones weren't working.
IDIOTS AT WORK:

I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the clerk noticed I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card. She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the card was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary to compare the signature I had just signed on the receipt. So I signed the credit card in front of her. She carefully compared the signature to the one I had just signed on the receipt. As luck would have it, they matched.

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:

I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: too many deer were being hit by cars and she didn't want them to cross there anymore.

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:

My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg.

IDIOT SIGHTING #1:

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" She smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

IDIOT SIGHTING #2:

The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"

IDIOT SIGHTING #3:

At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear co-worker who is leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

IDIOT SIGHTING #4:

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

IDIOT SIGHTING #5:

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "It's open!" To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side."

NOW DON'T YOU FEEL BETTER?

LOL

Along the same lines heres something that I posted on another board that happened to me the other day at work . . . It was posted in the rants and flames section from a board I I started going to to BS with a munhc of ggamming friends I have, now frequent it for the political section. If ya want a link to that board PM me.
. . . but I'm the racist

I wasnt going to post this but it's really starting to piss me off.
So here's the deal . . .

Sunday morning I am sitting at work and get sent out on a 911 call (my paramedic rig and a engine company) for "unconscious confirmed". The adress given is a middle school which turns out rents out it's auditorium to a Pentacostal church for Sunday services. (found that out afterwards) We pull up on cene and get out of the rig, gather out equpiment and start inside.

We are walking at a reasonable pace, (we dont run, thats just on TV) get inside and are directed towards a long dark hallway. As we get to the hall way we hear a blood curdling scream, the kind of scream you would expect to hear if you just told someone their baby was dead or if someone was being attacked by Jason from the Friday the 13th movies. I turn the corner and see a long dark hall with a very large man, atleast 6'6" and 275lbs,(he turned out to be black, figured he was since everyone else on scene was black, but couldnt tell due to light levels and distance) holding a large hammer yelling at us to hurry up and I hear more screams and a loud moan. I stop for 1 - 2 seconds, I really dont want to approach this guy by myself, allowing my partner to catch up and slowly procede down the hall trying to figure out WTF is going on. As we start moving down the hall we get a radio call to go back to quarters and that we arent needed.

I turn around and start walking out and the large man comes flying down the hall screaming at us, he still has his hammer. He finally gets to us and starts telling me how I am a racist and if that was a white girl I would have my "skin headed white ass in that room and nothing could have stopped me". Thank God for the engine company, because as this guy is trying to get me lynched the engine boss grabs the guy pulls him away and asks him 1 question . . .If he walked into a dark hall with a large man yelling and holding a hammer at one end that was yelling at him and heard that scream how fast would he go running into the situation. The guy stopped for a minute and calmed down but still wanted to file a compaint so I gave him the form and the number to call.

It turns out some of the church members were preforming "an exorcism" and for a brief period the deamons evidently "killed the poor child" but she was fine now (except for the screams I guess), and they were going to continue the ritual . . . we were asked to leave so they could procede.

Todd said:
This is great, after reading it I get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing elections are coming up..

what do elections have to do with any of this?

IDIOT SIGHTING #4:

I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

In Antiqua TWI, I worked with an Ensign who setup her new stereo and couldn't get it to work. She had plugged everything into a power strip & then plugged the power strip into the back of the amplifier.

I worked at an electronics store for a while and you should hear the questions I got asked, especially over the phone.

(Them)My tv isn't working.
(Me) Is it pluged in?
(Them) Oh, now it's working.

I don't miss that job at all.

sause said:
I worked at an electronics store for a while and you should hear the questions I got asked, especially over the phone.

(Them)My tv isn't working.
(Me) Is it pluged in?
(Them) Oh, now it's working.

I don't miss that job at all.
I used to work as a manager in a computer and console store when i was young and have seriously doubted a lot of contributions to the human gene pool ever since!
I work in a totally different environment nowadays but still find myself dealing with people in a similar jaded/half sarcastic 'Have you read the instructions/plugged it in/switched it on/put the cables in?' way. In my Dept at work we often put the phone down after a conversation and just hold our slowly shaking heads in our hands!:D

bummerkit said:
what do elections have to do with any of this?
I think it's just a reflection of the responsibility of voting and the lack of any kind of intelligence by a large portion of the human race.

So the hammer was protecting him from the demons?
I have no F'ing clue but wasn't in a real rush to run down there and find out either. I would by no means consider myself a coward but at the same time I'm not stupid. :p

Ol' Grog said:
IDIOTS IN SERVICE:
This week, all our office phones went dead and I had to contact the telephone repair people. They promised to be out between 8:00 a.m and 7:00 p.m. When I asked if they could give me a smaller time window the pleasant gentleman asked, "Would you like us to call you before we come?" I replied that I didn't see how he would be able to do that, since our phones weren't working.

I am curious how they were contacting the phone service in the first place? Probably on a cell phone that they could have called back on?
Sorry, just couldn't help but wonder about that one.

When I was in the service. USMC I drove a jeep for a leutenant. We where on a night move. Stopped to set-up the howitzers. Got my com gear set-up. When I got back to my jeep I found the Lt had torn out the seats of the jeep. Then had 90% of the junk out of the trailer.

He was cursing and kicking stuff around. I just stood back and watched for about 5 minutes as he combed the area with his flashlight. He was pretty much of an ass so most of us jarheads hated him with a passion. So, I finally got the nerve to ask him if needs help looking for whatever he's looking for. He says yes. He tells me he's looking for his flashlight!!!!!

About the longest 10 seconds of silence goes by, then he storms off into the woods. I had to tell most of the platoon not long after that.

Looking for his flashlight with his flashlight!!! He needed it to light up the survey head so the gun crews could lay-up to the direction of fire. I'm glad no grunts needed some gun support.

Back