Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknhardcider

Reaction score
First batch all done went great! Do you think root beer cider is possible? Try with sarsaparilla and real homeade ingredients

Sounds like an odd mix to me, but..... the beauty of homebrew is you could try it!

I'd make a one gallon tester though....

I used to drink loaded soda in high school. There was one flavour called mamba fruit or something like that. It tasted exactly like root beer. It was vodka based, and the reason I can't touch that stuff anymore (vodka that is). It was WAYY too sweet so was pretty gross in hindsight. One on its own was good, more than that was awful.

That being said, if you're careful, you could probably make this really nice. Many ciders are fairly neutral in flavour so could take on more without really clashing. I would be careful with making it either too sweet or too high abv.

Keep us posted on your progress, maybe in a thread with a more searchable title....

Back