Ideas for hooking up fans in kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TkmLinus

Reaction score
Greetings everyone!
So I am relatively handy when it comes to putting stuff together, but I was wondering what is the best way to add fans to a kegerator? I have a danby fridge with the large plate that goes across the back. I want to add at least 3 pc fans, 1 blowing on the compressor, 1 circulating air in the kegerator, and 1 set up for a tower chiller. I was thinking about running wires up the condensation drain tube. What I was wondering is what is the most convenient and durable way to power the fans?
Thanks in advance!

I've always used 12vdc fans inside my keezers. They're cheap, can be powered by equally cheap wall warts sporting thin cords and are comparatively safe vs a 120vac fan.

Not sure about running wires through a "drain tube" though. Generally speaking wiring is not suitable for prolonged moisture exposure (there are exceptions but they are usually hella thick). Is there not a simple drain hole or other pre-punched accommodation available?

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back