Idea for a product

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flaviking

Reaction score
Hey All,

I wanted to post this here as well to get some good feedback from you DIY'ers.

So I have an idea for a better "better bottle". One that has:

1) Conicle shapped bottom with access to drain trub and rack finished beer.
2) An enlarged, yet sealable opening for the addition of fruits/hops/ease of cleaning..etc..etc..
3) Would still be compatible with your current bungs and airlocks
4) An optional infusion basket for fruit/hop infusions either during primary or secondary fermentation that would reduce particles in finished beer.

Does this sound like a product anyone would be interested in? And if so, what would you be willing to pay for it?

If you use a better bottle now, what are some of the things you would like to see improved?

I know about the Onederbrew, which is cool, but seems like a more advanced Mr. Beer. I'm looking to improve on the current fermentation products we have, bridge the gab between buckets, glass/plastic carboys and stainless steel conicles, not "one step" everything

Yes very similar, Kind of a cross between that and a better bottle.

Would keep the 1/2 NPT fitting at the bottom for trub drainage, add in another port for racking like the Blichman chonicle fermenter. The top would taper to hold the current size bungs and airlocks just like a glass carboy/better bottle.

The difference is, the top would be removable, to an opening of around 8-10" for better access. That way, you could also add additional accessories like a flavor infuser that would lock into place, and removal of fruits/hops would be much easier

All for a little more than the better bottle... Around $50.

At that price point, I would consider it. But buckets are cheap and get the job done.

if I could get 2 of them in my 14 cu ft chest freezer and still have room to maneuver the fittings, etc, and rack with just CO2, I would pay more than $50.

Hey All,

I wanted to post this here as well to get some good feedback from you DIY'ers.

So I have an idea for a better "better bottle". One that has:

1) Conicle shapped bottom with access to drain trub and rack finished beer.
2) An enlarged, yet sealable opening for the addition of fruits/hops/ease of cleaning..etc..etc..
3) Would still be compatible with your current bungs and airlocks
4) An optional infusion basket for fruit/hop infusions either during primary or secondary fermentation that would reduce particles in finished beer.

Does this sound like a product anyone would be interested in? And if so, what would you be willing to pay for it?

If you use a better bottle now, what are some of the things you would like to see improved?

Would you just make a 6.5 gal BB? Using a blow off tube every time with a 6 gal BB just sucks (er well it really blows). No, I won't add ferm cap to my brews. Yes I should just leave more in the kettle but I hate leaving any wort behind.

I don't have any prototypes just yet, This is still in the idea stage. I'm really just judging to see if there would be any interest in such a product before I shell out any money for a CAD designer and models.

I'm a CAD designer/detailer. I work with AutoDesk Inventor and AutoCAD almost every day. I typically do industrial type work and only have limited experience with plastics/moulding. At the very least I might be able to help with creating a basic model to get your idea across. Maybe we can do a little "horse-trading" to save you having to hire someone to do this work. Send me a PM if interested.

Back