Idaho gem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought some a while ago and just getting around to using them. Making a simple low ABV blonde ale/hoppy session beer with them. Got them from Hop Heaven. I must say the aroma out of the bag is super punchy. I don’t say that about a ton of hops these days. I’ll be sure to update on how the beer turns out. If the aroma translates in any way to the beer I’ll be pleased.

Pretty stoked on how this beer turned out. It still needs a few more days to hit full carbonation and conditioning but the descriptors seem about right. Pineapple, cherry, sweet fruits, I don’t get as much of the spice. It reminds me of good El Dorado but with maybe a bit of woodiness like you find in some of the new Neomexicanus varieties.

Definitely using it more going forward.

Last edited:
Tired Hands just released a beer on tap at one of their locations with Motueka hotside and Idaho Gem and Cashmere In the dry hop. Not 100% sure about the Cashmere but the Motueka/Idaho Gem combo sounds amazing. The bright limey like flavor of Motueka would be a great pairing with the bright fruit ness of Idaho Gem. Think this might have to be my next pale ale hop combo.

Back