iBrewMaster 2 problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosmofo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else here uses iBM2 on iPhone or any mobile device?

If so, have you had any issues with ...

1. Losing data, dates, recipes etc?
2. Opening the iBM2 app and ALL data has completely gone?
3. Getting a response from iBM2 support?

I've had all the above. Cannot raise a response from support. I've noticed the in app support button has disappeared. I can't find the iBM Facebook page.

Are they still operating? Or shut shop?

Cheers
Ian

I have had the same problem.
All of a sudden 2 years worth of recipe data has disappeared and I am left with nothing on my iPhone and iPad.

Zero response from developer.

I keep my recipes on the IPad, IPhone, and in my Dropbox account for the reason that you're talking about. I have not had any issues but I keep my Dropbox account active for that one time that I need a recipe and I have problems with either device.

Thanks guys. Yeah worth backing up everything every time. Still nothing from iBrewMaster re this issue. I've moved on.

Hmmmm.... I have Ibrewmaster I...... no problem that I know of currently.

My iPad did crash a year ago and I lost everything I had in IBrewMaster at that time. I liked the program though and have continued to use it (as it was the iPad that crashed, not the program).

I do make a habit of e-mailing myself any recipes that I definitely want a copy of.... I have a file in my e-mail where I keep any of my important iBrewMaster recipes. That way I can always get back to them if needed.

That does not sound good though about the lack of contact. When I had e-mailed in the past, I got pretty immediate responses.

This is officially a dead application. The developer has not reaponded in over 3 weeks.

Not even a "sorry for the delay, we'll get back to you."

Do not buy this app.

While it is nice and has a decent user interface, not having support (read: never) is a joke. If you're app has a backup function that completely fails, it's not a backup function.

Thank you to Brad Smith for developing an app that (while the user interface is less than ideal) is reliable and does not randomly delete all of your data.

Just got an email from the dev at iBrewMaster....

iBrewMaster is Back!
After a hiatus, development is coming back to iBrewMaster and your help is needed. Please take a few minutes to answer our survey on what we need to focus on next to really improve iBrewMaster and help homebrewers make tasty brews.

Take Survey Now

The email it came from is [email protected]

Just got an email from the dev at iBrewMaster....

iBrewMaster is Back!
After a hiatus, development is coming back to iBrewMaster and your help is needed. Please take a few minutes to answer our survey on what we need to focus on next to really improve iBrewMaster and help homebrewers make tasty brews.

Take Survey Now

The email it came from is [email protected]

I received that same email and was hoping to see some progress but nothing. I just emailed support a day or two ago because after upgrading to a new iPhone, I lost all of my recipes, batches, etc. I have very little hope that they'll ever reply back at this point, let alone be able to help me get my recipes back.

(Yes, I realize the last post made to this thread was 7 months ago)

I thought it was strange getting that email and then............nothing
I ended up switching back to Brew Pal. Very disappointed as I did like iBrewMaster except a couple quirks, particularly with inventory. I've found Brew Pal to be sufficient but I'm always looking for something better. Any suggestions for a brew app?

Do they charge extra for the desktop version? And are you happy with Beersmith? That was the next one I was considering.

I think it’s the same cost I don’t own a desktop currently, I just use a tablet. The only gripe I have so far is the ingredients in my recipe don’t list the way I’d like.

Does anyone know how I can get my recipe database from Ibrewmaster??
I recently changed phones and made sure all was backed up, but on the new phone
ibrewmaster will not open because the iPhone reloads all apps, and it can't get ibrewmaster
HELP

Hopefully someone can give you good news on this.... but, Ibrewmaster has not been noted for their service or reliability...... Good reminder to me to transfer more of my info - I have mine on an old, old iPad. I generally e-mail all the important recipes I have to my self so that I always have a hard copy on back up somewhere for when it all goes to crap. Do you still have the old phone? If so, I would e-mail the recipes to your account just to cover your bases.

I was able to export the recipes from my old phone and import on the new one. As for recommended apps, I switched to Brewer’s Friend. Their app isn’t the best but the website is awesome. Much more user-friendly and not nearly as overwhelming as BeerSmith in my opinion.

I too am having an issue with this. Been using iBrewmaster for years. Last week I had to restore my iphone and now ibrewmaster will not reload. all recipe and batch data is gone. Actually it should still be somewhere as I was syncing it all via icloud. I just can't reload the app because it's not available anymore on the app store. Anyway to retrieve my data?

I just had the same problem. Anyway to retrieve my recipes before I rest my iPhone ?

I haven’t found any way. Unfortunately. If you haven’t reset it yet you should be able to export recipes. But once you rest the app won’t reinstall.

Last edited:
I can't get mine to come up at all anymore. I switched to Brewer's Friend. If you still can get into anything on iBrewmaster, I recommend e-mailing the recipes you care about to yourself. At least that way they still exist.

Latest posts

Back