I was going to post this in kegging/bottling...but figured i'd do the mods a favor....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
well i just kegged two corny's with 30 something beer...i didn't burst carb....but my scale has already dropped 1 oz with them just hooked up.

when i disconnected the empty the poppet was leaking gas with a QD off it, maybe that just made me paranoid.....10psi, 33-34f...two cornys...losing an ounce in an hour seems suspisous?

i guess this should be in drunken rambling, but it's kegging related....

Not seeing "30 Something Beer" in the BJCP style guide. What you got going there? :D

Freshly kegged beer is going to absorb CO2 the fastest so it wouldn't surprise me to see your cylinder scale dropping. Otoh, I've had some dodgy gas poppet/post behavior of late and have been replacing the poppets. Had one today in fact, and my notes on that keg showed it had a prior history, so that poppet is outtahere :)

If you know your gear you can figure out what's most likely happening.

Of course, hooked up, if there's excess gas usage (ie: a leak) it's not a poppet...

Cheers!

What you got going there?

it was a batch of store bought munich malt 100% as base, 2 oz's bravo for 60min....just to compare to my dark munich homemade malt....

well i got a few more sips to go on this pour last look at the scale read 31lb's14.4oz's on an aluminum tank....if next pour it's less then 31,14...then i'm definetaly going to close the reg off before bed, so i can deal with it in the morning....(why i love my scale :mug:)

i don't try and even talk to plebs about beer....so i think, that's good for a fellow homebrewer......

and blessed be the light my scale still read 31lbs14.4oz's this pour! think i'm safe from the boogie man tonight......

(if i was marketing to "users" i'd use marijuana for 15 minutes, and call it "Mary Munichies")

I have no doubt there was some kernel of truth in there...somewhere.
Carry on regardless! :mug:

lol, good thing i did 'the right thing' and posted this here.....

(well, honestly my scale read 31lbs,14.5ozs....but it's only acurate to 3 grams so, it dropped durring the pour...acceptable)

8b0754169a9072277abdc1d4e0daffaf.jpg

Sometimes my beers don't last long enough for me to come up with a memorable name...

LOL :mug:

(i thought this keg was gonner yesterday, it's one i forgot about, and thought was half empty. i've already poured about 25 or so last couple days. perfect for memorial day! at least it's crystal clear ;))

Back