I think it's official, I've become a beer snob.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pffft....

I bought two aluminum bottles of Miller Lite the other day.

I guess I should also mention that I bought them to make a backpacking alcohol stove out of.

I already drank one of them and I'm pretty sure I could taste it a little...

Wow! A backpacking stove!Those beers do have a purpose!;)

Got some miller in the small cans yesterday so that I could make.....me drunk.

It worked, but I could not taste much...and it sincerely was fairly smooth.....if smooth means a barely perceptible, slightly unpleasant flavor.

My 2 carbed kegs both kicked at virtually the same time.......damned sharing with neighbors......

I don't think the majority of home brewers are truly beer snobs, we just have a greater appreciation of beer and flavor. I think most people are not willing to step out of their comfort zones to try new things with an open mind and stick with what they have known and been told to like for years (BMC). Kind of like while traveling most people will stop at McDonalds for the same burger that they had last week instead of taking a chance on the no name family diner or BBQ shack across the street. I'll be at the shack.

I think I'm a beer slob, I'll drink any beer that doesn't taste bad. Seriously, BMC, I can drink that, no problem! But getting into home brewing is giving me a real appreciation of what I'm drinking. I now actually taste beer, not just drink it. I like Fat Tire, Blue Moon, Shock Top, Long Board, etc. And now I'm trying Stout's, Porter's, IPA"s, non American Lager's, and just about anything but BMC. And as I continue to brew, and get my pipeline going, the only time I'll be faced with BMC will be when nothing else is on the menu, and I'll still chose BMC over water, :D

I am only snobbish when people don't drink anything but one of.the big.three light beers. And its more of, come over and try this beer or that beer. Guess i try to tell people.there is more then one type of beer. Btw i am making a light beer triple hopped beer tomorrow. Nothing wrong with a light beer in the summers.

Latest posts

Back