I love make your own six pack in stores

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZebulonBrewer

Reaction score
So in the last few years SW Ohio has had an increasing number of stores that offer 'make your own six packs' (Jungle Jim's doesn't count). They are usually around $7.99 - $8.99 which is decent.

The reason I love it is that I can try most of the new stuff that comes through without committing to a whole six pack, which are increasingly expensive! I use this to either have some beers that I know I will enjoy, or, more often, to try something totally new! :ban:

Today at the local Kroger I picked up:

Southern Tier Hopsun (Summer Wheat)
New Beligum Rampant
Rivertown Divergent (Berliner Style)
Thirsty Dog Super Tramp
Some new kind of Wood Chuck for my wife
Some kind of orange wheat I haven't seen for my wife

Haven't had any of them and I'm looking forward to them all (I always sample the ciders too)

Is this becoming common in other places? Even Wally World offered it around here for a while! (they have since stopped)

Cheers!:mug:

Pretty common up here in NE Ohio, although the prices are usually a bit higher.

I do the "mix & match" sixer thing from time to time, but I go to stores that specialize in craft beer and rotate their stock quickly. Some other stores just use that promo as a way to sell off beers that have been on the shelf a long time.

There is a great store on the southside that has had that for years, used to be the only place to pick up craft beer. Since, other stores caught on. Even had empty six packs when you walked in the door. Ive since noticed it phasing out, at least around here. Kinda bumb'd. I too, liked to build a sixer of new beers to try out.

There was a store I used to frequent in Cincinnati, Meyer's I think? They had a great pick 6 selection, but yeah if your in that area Jungle Jim's rules I guess.

Back