I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really like canned dance music. I like my synths analogue. Here's a good one with some Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 action.

I've made many mistakes, but have very few regrets. One is selling my synths.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I'm on a synth kick, probably my favorite album ever

I stuffed some burgers for dinner today. I'm eating all of my favorite foods this weekend before the "big day" this Tuesday...

IMG-20130825-00172.jpg

IMG-20130825-00173.jpg

Now there's one I like. Internet is funny, you post that and next thing I know I'm looking at a picture of my mom's old boyfriend who played at Woodstock.
Rteryery.jpg
Dan Cole from Quill. I don't think I ever listened to the Quill LP she had. Told my dad she wanted to name me after him, not sure if he got as pissed as I would, but obviously that didn't work out. She told me she spent a some time with the Dead when the were in Vermont or New Hampshire, so apparently my mom was a groupie. Ha, I've never thought of that before, but it explains a lot.

Ha, I had this picked out before I told that story. But it's true.

Now there's one I like. Internet is funny, you post that and next thing I know I'm looking at a picture of my mom's old boyfriend who played at Woodstock... ...Dan Cole from Quill. I don't think I ever listened to the Quill LP she had. Told my dad she wanted to name me after him, not sure if he got as pissed as I would, but obviously that didn't work out. She told me she spent a some time with the Dead when the were in Vermont or New Hampshire, so apparently my mom was a groupie. Ha, I've never thought of that before, but it explains a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rynxqdNMry4

Ha, I had this picked out before I told that story. But it's true.
I knew there would be something. :)

Hello can any body hear me ?

Is that you or did you get a monkey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fZBaPS_XvQ
I'm betting monkey. The spelling is to good.

Pretty sure I made a big mistake. Topped off my sparge water and forgot my Camden tab. Damnit.

Pretty sure I made a big mistake. Topped off my sparge water and forgot my Camden tab. Damnit.
If it was just straight water I doubt it. I add water to batches with no campden all the time. Though, those are usually fruit based wines.

Speaking of which, I put together a fairly spontaneous cider tonight. I cleaned out my freezer. Threw away some things I could not identify, and found some frozen apples. I think fuji, but not sure exactly which batch of cider they are leftover from. Put those is with about 1/4 cup of thinly sliced young ginger, also found that in the freezer, and about 5 1/2 quarts of apple juice. Montrachet for the yeast. No sugar, so OG is only 1.044. :ban:

Now I have space for the lobster that's on sale I want to buy tomorrow. :)

One if my favorite bands.

These guys love fire, like a lot.

[ame]http://youtu.be/zj2uZO7xnus[/ame]

Good job for getting an android Dan! The Swype is only a bother until you master it and then it becomes awesome squared.

Trying to get back into the habit of working out again. Started with four miles this morning and this was the last song up on my iPod before I finished. Now to shower!

I bought a stereo off Amazon. It came today. There are no inputs on this stereo, and it uses some kind of weird speaker connection. I'm moderately annoyed. It isn't an expensive stereo, but you it never even occured to me that any company would make a stereo without standard stereo input jacks on the back... Ok, whatever. It's useless for what I wanted it for, but I guess It will make a good shop stereo.

EDIT: I also bought the wrong connectors for my existing setup. Oh well. I guess I'll try this again.

Any chance of modifying the jacks to suit your needs?

Bottled my George Washington "small" beer (which turned out at 8.3% ABV as I messed up the syrup addition for a 3 qt. batch). Interesting, kinda bland, but it's definitely beer. Cooled to about 50F it tastes a lot like a slightly starchy black iced tea, no hint of alcohol at all even at 8+%. Pretty quaffable beverage, probably pretty good straight from the icehouse at Mt. Vernon on a hot Virginia summer day.

It is interesting tasting it then having a SNPA right afterwards - you really get a sense of the evolution of beer, especially of the hops. A ho-hum pale ale like Bass is an atomic hop bomb compared to the GW brew.

Threw together a nice home-made cheddar mac & cheese casserole for dinner, coming out of the oven in 3....2....1....

Any chance of modifying the jacks to suit your needs?

Bottled my George Washington "small" beer (which turned out at 8.3% ABV as I messed up the syrup addition for a 3 qt. batch). Interesting, kinda bland, but it's definitely beer. Cooled to about 50F it tastes a lot like a slightly starchy black iced tea, no hint of alcohol at all even at 8+%. Pretty quaffable beverage, probably pretty good straight from the icehouse at Mt. Vernon on a hot Virginia summer day.

It is interesting tasting it then having a SNPA right afterwards - you really get a sense of the evolution of beer, especially of the hops. A ho-hum pale ale like Bass is an atomic hop bomb compared to the GW brew.

Threw together a nice home-made cheddar mac & cheese casserole for dinner, coming out of the oven in 3....2....1....
Well, no. I bought 1/4" couplers. I thought I was buying av type couplers. Oops.

That did remind me that I've got a box of av stuff I haven't looked at in a while. Turns out that I've got most of what I need already.

Hooked everything up, and remembered why I stopped using this rather mad scientist type of audio setup.

So, here's the setup. Audio from the my old ps2 is going into the female ends of these.
41wHu65S60L._SY300_.jpg

One set of the male connectors from that is plugged into a pair of these, only mine are cables.
41A9zMpZKOL._SY300_.jpg

The extra female connector is plugged into the male connector for my wireless headphones. The male connector for image above is then connected to one of these.
41yTGBnnpqL._SX342_.jpg

The 3.5mm connector from the av is then connected to one of these.
71D6D69NpjL._SX342_.jpg

The male end of that goes to a A/B switch for 3.5mm audio.
21T6C656B8L.jpg

The extra female 3.5mm connector goes to a pair of regular wired headphones. The A/B switch is connected to the computer as an audio source.

At present, I've got another one of these in cable form connected to the speaker output from the A/B switch.
41yTGBnnpqL._SX342_.jpg

I need to order two more of these to connect all the audio to the stereo. I've got the extra male connectors from the ps2 av lines, and the av's from the adapter on the speaker output for the A/B switch.
41A9zMpZKOL._SY300_.jpg

Anyway, I need to get the connectors and a different stereo. Then I can run those floor speakers I found the other day with everything currently available.

At present, all of that lets me listen to audio from the computer and the game system at the same time on either the wired or wireless headphones.

There are two problems with the present setup. 1. I can only get audio from the game system on the headphones. Both because I'm missing a couple of connectors and because the stereo doesn't have av inputs. 2. The ps2 sucks power off the av audio outputs while it turned off. No kidding. Unplug the connector from the back of the ps2 and the volume of the computer sound output jumps massively.

I'm considering reversing the whole mess. That way I can use the A/B switch to do input rather then output selection. Run one input from the computer only. Run the other from the ps2. Then attach all the audio outputs in parallel to the now single output from the switch.

That wouldn't let me listen to both streams though. If I split the audio output from the computer and did one input as both, the annoying drop in volume from the ps2 being connected would still apply. To both lines....

LG, your post hurt my brain! I'm stuck in the past when it comes to technology. I see all the trouble Dan is having with his phone, and it makes me glad I have my old beat-up Blackberry.

I'm super restless this evening. I have a feeling I'm not going to sleep very well tonight.

I just got a mental image of Chevy Chase entangled in Christmas light cords. Don't forget to put a penny in the fusebox before you switch the amps on Leadgolem :D
Haha, you're not far off.

LG, your post hurt my brain! I'm stuck in the past when it comes to technology. I see all the trouble Dan is having with his phone, and it makes me glad I have my old beat-up Blackberry.

I'm super restless this evening. I have a feeling I'm not going to sleep very well tonight.
Well, it makes sense it a mad scientist kind of way. :)

Actually, I just redid it anyway. Now everything is hooked into the source 3.5mm line before it gets to the A/B switch. That, and I've got a 3.5mm connector with the audio from the ps2 handy so I can disconnect it more easily. I'll plug that in when I want to use the ps2 so it doesn't borkify my audio.

I would be quite restless in your shoes. Eat something good tonight and enjoy a few brews.

Haha, you're not far off.

Well, it makes sense it a mad scientist kind of way. :)

Actually, I just redid it anyway. Now everything is hooked into the source 3.5mm line before it gets to the A/B switch. That, and I've got a 3.5mm connector with the audio from the ps2 handy so I can disconnect it more easily. I'll plug that in when I want to use the ps2 so it doesn't borkify my audio.

Borkify?

!bork.jpg

Enjoy some great food and brew and relax the best you can. Best wishes for smooth sailing tomorrow!

Back