I just toured the Budweiser Plant.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigPicture

Reaction score
The one in Fairfield is HUGE, but it's Bud's 2nd smallest plant in the country.

Only 250 employees work there now. Everything is automated. The brewer's biggest job is pushing a button every 2 - 3 hours.

They are big on reusing spent fuel & being environmentally friendly. California & all that! They are creating bio-fuel with all their waste water, the entire place smells like rino-farts. :eek:

Had a chance to try their Bud & Shock Top in the clearing tanks. It was really good! Fresh. Much better than the stuff I can buy at the store. I was totally surprised. We had Michelob AmberBock later on tap. It was really good too.

All in all it was a very good experience. :rockin:

I am a huge fan of Budweiser. To me it is easily the best of the non-craft american lagers. I agree that fresh is a lot better. I like to buy it from a place that sells lots of Bud and keeps it cold. It has some pretty volatile esters that seem to all but disappear after a couple of months.

Bud is ok, but I prefer Miller for using corn. Just like that corn taste better.

And any of the "Classic" recipes is far tastier than any of the newer, lighter recipes that came out back when. I wish I could brew something like Schlitz or Michelob Original Lager.

Anheuser-Busch brewery - also known as the engine room on the starship Enterprise.

trek-engine-room-660.jpg

I believe the cooler systems on the Enterprise are mounted Forward of the engine room. At least the mains. The Auxillary Cooling Systems are mounted Port and Starboard on the Warp Nacelles, respectively.

[...]Had a chance to try their Bud & Shock Top in the clearing tanks. It was really good! Fresh. Much better than the stuff I can buy at the store. I was totally surprised. We had Michelob AmberBock later on tap. It was really good too.

All in all it was a very good experience. :rockin:

"Stockholm Syndrome"

Cheers! ;)

I accidentally had a chance to tour their brewery in Jacksonville Florida back in June of 2012. It was pretty huge itself. Thankfully there was no rhino fart smell. Just smelled delicious. After the tour had a amber bock at their "taproom" it too was fresh and very tasty.

Back in the Anheuser-Busch days, I toured the St Louis Operation so many times when I was in college, I could have led the tour. Never smelled like rhino farts, and the beer was always fresh and good.

the one in cols ohio used to let you go threw it. i dont know if they ever reopened it or not. a buddy and i used to go often there was a old fellow at the end who would always ask whos driving he would only give the driver 2 beers the passanger was able to drink all he could handle as long as you would hang out.

I used to hit up the Coors factory in Golden in college. Go in for the short tour and get the three free ones and then go for pizza. I'm partial to Coors myself, great fresh but I think the fresh Bud's would be great too.

I used to hit up the Coors factory in Golden in college. Go in for the short tour and get the three free ones and then go for pizza. I'm partial to Coors myself, great fresh but I think the fresh Bud's would be great too.

The drummer in my band used to pee in the stream that went into the brewery. Giving it back, he says.

I toured the St Louis brewery when I spent the summer of 75 there. I was amazed by the size of the tanks. There was a street fest sponsored by AB near the arch that was cool. You got a quart tin pail with Busch logo and there were kegs everywhere. I used that bucket for years for loose change. Wish I still had it. Fast forward 20 years as I was taking my kids to Busch gardens in Va. Nice park. The beer garden is fun for lunch, but the little train ride to the brewery/tap room made the day for me.

Back