I just purchased a second hand kegerator an insignia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryin2understand

Reaction score
I would like to know the size of beer line! It’s a single tap,and hose full of mold ,greenish growing things and I want to replace and lenghting the beer hose up to 10 feet to help with to much head in beer!i brew beer kits!i use Doric with an enhancer and just before capping in bottles I add a primer For carbonation and fizz in beer bottle!So I have 2 questions! What size beer line the thickness! And now that I have co2 I should never have to use a surgar primer again!,correct? I’m not the best learner,had 3 massive strokes in wee in 2008! I talk like Winnie the Pooh cause I paralyzed my left vocal cords and my left hand is in my chest when I walk!gonna be using corny kegs!after watching sanitation of kegs on YouTube I saw a corny top with a blow off valve that was hooked to a .5 micro fusion stone to carbonate home brew!,Do I need one of these!? So I quess I have 3 questions!any help or advice is greatly appreciated!.!

3/16" beer line, no priming sugar needed. Just make sure you burp and seal your kegs before storing them. To burp them, which is getting rid of oxygen in the kegs, I attach the co2 hose, pull the pressure release valve 8-10 times quickly, then let it fill with co2. I also have never used a fusion stone, oxygenation, or conical. I HAVE won awards... im not trying to say my style is best, but just anything more is not needed for good beer.

Good luck with the kegerator. Hope it serves you well. Yes, 3/16" thick wall vinyl beer line works unless you want EVABarrier tubing with is a nice upgrade. No, you don't need priming sugar anymore, but you could use it if you wanted to. That's naturally carbonating which is very similar to carbonating bottled beer.
If you're using your CO2 tank to carbonate it's called force carbing. You can force carb slow or fast, it's up to you. The slow method is to first cool your keg to serving temp and then put it on CO2 to your serving pressure. After about a week or 2 it will be fully carbonated. There are a few fast carbonating methods out there and they all work fine. My method is to cold crash in the fermenter before transferring to my keg. This clears the beer and allows me to start carbonating right away since it's already cold. Then I set the regulator to 25psi and shake the keg until I can't hear CO2 entering the keg anymore. Leave it at 25psi for 24hrs then drop the pressure to serving pressure. Your beer will be carbonated and ready to drink. It may be slightly under carbed, but better a little under carbed than over carbed. Read up on force carbonating and see what works best for you. Oh, and use a carbonating chat. Here is a link to one I use.

https://www.kegoutlet.com/media/uploads_ckeditor/Carbonatin-Chart.jpg

Back