I have Cones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limulus

Reaction score
Last year, I planted two Cascade and one Centennial in containers on our deck. They grew but never more than 3ft/1m. I forgot about them over the winter, but in spring they came back. There is definitely some brown spotting on the leaves from something which I need to figure out. You'll noticed that the soil is also very compacted in these planters since last summer. After the season, I want to transfer these into larger containers. I'll have to do some research to see if they can be transferred.

So, a few days ago, I noticed I actually have cones on the Cascade bines. The Centennial started out strong but really slowed down in growth.

The first three photos are my Cascade and the last is a Centennial. Next season, I want to have hops providing shade over my deck and pergola.

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0335.jpg

Congrats! I still done have cones yet and mine are over 8 feet tall...similar situation except I put mine in the ground last year.

You shouldn't have an issues transplanting.

Nice !! I don't have any cones yet either. All in good time

I already harvested my cones and waiting for the second round of cones to come in

Back