I hate to ask this??????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericbene

Reaction score
Yesterday i racked to a secondary after 8 days in a primary.
Today I noticed some small white foamy looking bubbles forming on top of the beer.
Is this a bad thing?

Yes I screwed up..... this is my first batch.
I did the Honey Bee ale kit from midwest and the instructions said to rack to secondary after 5-7 days. My airlock is bubbling vey slowly.
Thanks

Yesterday i racked to a secondary after 8 days in a primary.
Today I noticed some small white foamy looking bubbles forming on top of the beer.
Is this a bad thing?
8 days is quick, let it sit in your secondary for at least another 2 weeks before bottle or keg, other than that your only problem is that you now have an empty primary.

You will sometimes get very tiny CO2 bubbles that seem to cling to a piece of yeast that floats to the top. It happens to most of us sometime or other when learning and then wonder if something is wrong. You will be OK.

8 days is quick, let it sit in your secondary for at least another 2 weeks before bottle or keg, other than that your only problem is that you now have an empty primary.

yes thats a problem...an empty primary should be a crime solve it before the homebrew police come lol. for future reference do not follow instructions burn them. wait for steady hydrometer readings to tell when fermentation is done in the future.

Back