I forgot how much I love Corona.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro-

Reaction score
As I am sure I will hear many rants about water and flavorless beer, i really don't care.

Nothing says sitting on the beach in 75-80degree weather like a nice corona. I love IPA as a mainstake in my diet, but the other day fiance ordered a corona. I tasted it and a rush of memories and a desire to be someplace warm took over my body.

Sittin in the mornin sun, I'll be sittin when the evenin comes. heh.

Is there anyone out there with me?

Also I would like to maybe brew some good cerveza next year, anyone succesfully done this? Good recipes/tips?

Another fav is a grasshopper on a hot summer day. Big Buck Brewery, my only problem is I live in the US, and it's a canadian brewery :(
I enjoy my trips to Toronto!

Cheers! :mug:

drouillp said:
As I am sure I will hear many rants about water and flavorless beer, i really don't care.

Nothing says sitting on the beach in 75-80degree weather like a nice corona. I love IPA as a mainstake in my diet, but the other day fiance ordered a corona. I tasted it and a rush of memories and a desire to be someplace warm took over my body.

Sittin in the mornin sun, I'll be sittin when the evenin comes. heh.

Is there anyone out there with me?

Also I would like to maybe brew some good cerveza next year, anyone succesfully done this? Good recipes/tips?

Another fav is a grasshopper on a hot summer day. Big Buck Brewery, my only problem is I live in the US, and it's a canadian brewery :(
I enjoy my trips to Toronto!

Cheers! :mug:

Corona is not bad. People claim the clear bottle leads to skunked beer, and that is probably true for most beers in clear bottles. Down here in Texas where I live, though, Corona flys off the shelves and never spends much time under lights. It is hugely popular. Plus, when I used to drink it a lot, I always bought it by the case at Costco and put it in my fridge. No light exposure to speak of.

I think it is much much much better than Budweiser or Coors. Goes down easy and has a good clean taste.

Maybe Otis Redding would have enjoyed it too, but he'd have been sitting on the dock of the bay rather than the beach.

I have never had corona non-skunked, but living in the north east you will have that. It seems like it would be good if I ever found it on tap. Come to think of it, I have never seen that stuff on tap. Does it exist?

I have never really liked Heineken or Grolsh, but on a recent visit to Eindhoven, NL, I discovered both are quite good before spending weeks on a boat sloshing about over the Atlantic.

I've personally only ever seen it bottled, and never on draught. However, I googled up a few hits indicating that it is commonly available on draught in Cancun, and thus I surmise that it is on tap generally in Mexico.

Objectively, I don't care for the beer, but you hit on something very important.

It's the context.

I'd be drinking Corona sitting on the beach over a Stone Smoked Porter all day. I'll down Molson Canadian sitting in a pizza joint in Buffalo. Ballgame, you typically aren't thinking Russian Imperial Stout, for a lot of people that's the time for BMC.

Just like you pair beer/wine with particular foods, you also pair it with particular occassions. If putting back a Corona gets you to that beach - hell yeah, I'm not going to be a snob about that!

Doesn't mean I'm grabbing a sixer next time I'm at the store!

I'll definately take a corona over any american light lager anyday. And I don't care what anyone says, I'm putting a lime in it too :)

While bud/miller/coors/etc taste a lot to me like watered down skunk, corona has a much cleaner taste and it goes down easy with no real protest from the tastebuds.

I really think it comes down to your first exposure to beer. Like most here my first exposure to beer was BMC. I didn't know any better and thought it was ok. Until very recently I used to like an occasional Rolling Rock.

If I had a great APA as my first beer I'm sure I'd never be able to deal with ultra light and tasteless BMC at all.

I think that a nice 5% APA (especially cascades for some reason) is a much better lawn-mower or beach beer than BMC. A good Pilsner is also excellent warm weather drink. Not surprising since it is the proto-beer for American light lagers.

Similarly I never drank wine until I started working at a wine shop so my first exposure to wine was at relatively high-end tastings. I simply can't drink cheap wine now.

I go to Mexico and the Coronas are still skunked. DOesn it mean I don;t drink the hell out of them while Im down there? nope

Man Law exception Corona Must have a lime to offset the skunk IMO.

I know a lot of people like Corona and I used to drink it as well before I moved closer to the border. Now I never touch the stuff and if I go mexican I'd rather get a Pacifico, Dos Equis (green or amber) or Modelo (negra or especial). Tier two would be Sol, Salitos, Carta Blanca. That's me though; but I'd invite you to try some of these others if you haven't and are available in your locale.

Modelo Negra is just about the only Mexican beer I drink. When we used to party in Mexico (I lived in SoCal) we'd pick up cases at the Corona brewery in Ensenada. That was good Corona.

Back