Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babylon

Reaction score
OK, so what am I supposed to put the hydrometer in to take a measurement? It's like a foot long and I don't have any thin glasses tall enough for it. It came in a plastic tube, but that had a leak so won't work for this sort of thing. Do I need to go to the brewing store and buy a special test tube for it?

try to find something similar to the tube it came or buy a test tube, they are about 5 bucks

Save the cash on a test tube. Get a wine thief they are the same price! and it will be MUCH easier to get a sample out of a carboy in the future if you are not brewing in one yet.

BTW I am an uber noob here but my father has been making wine for years. He got one of these wine thieves and I actually watched him dance!!! He has been struggling with this for years and now it is all over!

Also, do not forget to clean AND sanitize anything that will touch your beer after the boil!

:mug:

Wine Theif for the win!

Not too much more expensive than a graduated cylinder, and a heck of a lot easier to use.

Latest posts

Back