How to pull a sample beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberwollf

Reaction score
Got a few sours in the fermenter. Is there an easy way to pull a soda bottle worth to force carb with a carbinator cap?

Looking to pull a sample without making 10 pulls with a turkey baster or theif...

Wouldn't that be essentially the same amount of washing as an autosiphon? That'd be my weapon of choice. Kyle

I'm the last person to tell someone not to buy a new toy, but it doesn't look like any less cleaning to me.

-ben

Make something; seems relatively easy. Or simply pull one turkey baster's full and call it good. You can fore carbonate that small amount with a carbonator cap.

I'm not sure most sour producers carbonate when sampling from the fermenting vessel. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I was under the impression they sampled it still.

I use a turkey baster with a short length of 3/8" tubing on the end. I can sanitize the whole setup in a 1 gallon mixing bowl

Cost me 3$ at Target

Back