How to keg from brite tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richy_23

Reaction score
Have brite tank at 20 psi an 2 degrees how do I keg from this drop to 15 psi and connect gas on top and fill from bottom valve or? Leave at 20 and go straight into co2 pressurised kegs.? This is cider buy the way. Don't wanna lose any carbonation

At our brewery we try to keep our bright tanks as code to serving pressure as possible. I'd lower it to 15psi and wait a day, then keg into pressurized kegs.

...was that your question?

Thank you very helpfull. One more question what pressure do you apply to the head of the tank when filling kegs. I am guessing 15 psi to maintain co2 in product and to be able to move the product into pressurised keg. I ask as I experienced low carbonation in my cider I dropped the brite to 5 psi from been set at 15 psi which must have released to much co2 as I pressurise my kegs before filling. Then vent them when filling my hose from brite tank is also pretty short. Is this good or detrimental. It's just my first commercial batch cider trying to get it all right! Thanks for your help

Hard to tase from brite to as real foamy when cracking sample valve unless its fully open overflowing glassrs

When tasting cider out of bright tank. Co2 seems to break out of solution in glass. Foamy head minimal co2 absorbed. Was thinking is a long hose beneficial when kegging as more surface area.

Back