How old is everyone???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tophe

Reaction score
Not that it matters or anything, but Im curious as to how old you fellow homebrewers are. Im probably one of the younger ones , if not the youngest in here....Im 21 ...so who's next?

Okay....state your age and how long youve been brewing. That should take up 10 characters :)

43. Brewing for a month but drinking for a couple months longer :p . It was my xmas Present!!!

30 this month. Been brewing for...well, quite a bit longer than 9 years ;)

Used to tick me off so much that I could brew great beer, but not buy it. Seems silly... :D

rightwingnut said:
desert...you're right where I am...Christmas gift...third batch now.....race ya?

Your on!! :D (3rd as well)

I figure I can slow down a bit once I have a decent enough stock but getting it there has been some effort. I can see where the bottling is going to get on my nerves soon...

Desert...I agree, bottling will suck. Janx and other keggers are warming me up to that idea...although I like bottles. I'd like to build a cabinet to store tons of 'em for aging.

rightwingnut said:
Desert...I agree, bottling will suck. Janx and other keggers are warming me up to that idea...although I like bottles. I'd like to build a cabinet to store tons of 'em for aging.

Ah, built the shelving under my bar this last weekend 12 case storage capability :cool:

If I get to kegging, I plan on having growlers around for portability when necessary. Already got two that I get filled at the microbrew bar that is way to close to home (1 mile). I got the extra fridge but its filled with that annoying food & soda... Now retrofiting the bar would be nice :D it's already plumbed/wet. Have to undo the shelves. :mad:

rightwingnut said:

Hey Nut, once you go keg, you'll never go back! I keep some of those 20 oz EZ Cap bottles just in-case I decide to lose my mind and bottle some (and it hasn't happend in two years!). I have a friend that homebrews and will not keg. He's paranoid that it'll go too FAST!! :eek: He just doesn't understand...........

DeRoux's Broux

30.5 years here and brewing by myself since 96 and my friend that got me into it since 93.

I now use a party pig and 22oz bottles.......alot less work :D

28, been brewing only a little over a month now. There is now another addictive hobby in my life.

...........Oh yeah, I have been brewing for about a month now and it is very addictive. I'll be brewing my 3rd batch this weekend. Between my brew and visiting these forums every day, when i get home from work it seems like im craving a homebrew! Im excited to get some more brew bottled and get a taste of variety.

desertBrew said:
If I get to kegging, I plan on having growlers around for portability when necessary. Already got two that I get filled at the microbrew bar that is way to close to home (1 mile).

That's crazy...I have two growlers from the brewpub a mile away from me....weird, man. Next you'll tell me you brewed a pale ale and a porter...

rightwingnut said:
That's crazy...I have two growlers from the brewpub a mile away from me....weird, man. Next you'll tell me you brewed a pale ale and a porter...

Now we part ways. My 1st was a Euro Bock bottled, 2nd a nut brown ale bottled and an apricot wheat for the wife in the secondary. Hindsight, picking the Bock as my 1st brew was not the best idea. It was recommended to keep em in the bottles for 5 weeks before cracking for optimum taste. I tried one at 10 days (thought it went bad) then had another at 17 days and is starting to taste much better. Going to wait the full 35. The Nut Brown is going to be done before the Bock...

28, and been brewin' since this past November...Red Ale, Chocolate Raspberry Stout, Magic Hat #9 Clone, California Common, and an Imperial Stout that's getting transferred over to the secondary tomorrow....

My first was a pale ale attempt...fermented for 1 day, bottled in a week...suprisingly it tastes ok. Second was an "English Bitter", but I just got a general idea and made my own recipe...third is my porter...everything is going great with that one...can't wait.

rightwingnut said:
My first was a pale ale attempt...fermented for 1 day, bottled in a week...suprisingly it tastes ok. Second was an "English Bitter", but I just got a general idea and made my own recipe...third is my porter...everything is going great with that one...can't wait.

Sounds almost like my experience so far :) Im brewing my 3rd batch right now. Nut brown ale recipe i found online, but i added a lb of honey to it also. My first batch fermented really fast too. I think the batch im making right now will go smoothly, its boilin away right now and smellin up the whole house? :D

Get on with yo bad self! I bet your the only female too. Glad to have you on board.

Cheers!

DeRoux's Broux

Beats me! I LOVE me some beerah! :D

I am totally in love with brewing the beer myself. I have also become quite the beer snob, but I don't care!!!!!!!!

Franiblector said:
Beats me! I LOVE me some beerah! :D

I am totally in love with brewing the beer myself. I have also become quite the beer snob, but I don't care!!!!!!!!

I think if you decide to get creative with it, it ranks up there with cooking. Like, adding different flavors that may not necessarily sound good together, but it works perfectly. Much like cooking...you know, like taking an Indian dish, but using Greek spices in it or something to alter it slightly. Also, learning and mastering a basic brew-type, to be able to change it slightly to make it something different.

Music is also like that too. Throw down a quick Blues rhythm, but add some latin percussion behind it to "spice" it up a bit. It's all about creativity, I think....

30, and have only brewed one batch as you all know. About a year ago we (fiance and I) added up all the receipts for a few months of bottled beer purchased at gas stations (Mic Light and Corona/Tecate/Modelo/Red Strip (whatever I felt like at the time). I realized we could buy a Kegerator and it would pay for itself in 4 months. It was an easy sell to her (no more lugging 12 packs home from grocery store). I love my kegerator and the extra freezer.

So I can fit 2 of the 5 gal. kegs in there with room to spare for C02, now I just need two more taps and i'll be good to go.

I really couldn't imagine trying to bottle, my friend that introduced me to brewing just throws his 5 gal in the truck if he's heading to a party.

Yeah with kegs and a jockey box, who would ever bottle? And like you said, one of the biggest advantages is no stupid bottles to recycle all the time. Just wash the keg and refill ;)

Welcome to the forum! :D

Franiblector said:
32 years old.
Been brewing since July 2004, so 6 months.

I bet I'm the only female on this board! :D
You're not alone anymore!!! I'm 44. Now admittedly, I just started 1-1/2 weeks ago with a mead from a college text but what the hey? DH & I tasted a wee sample tonight and he seemed very impressed. It warmed the belly and the tongue. Now we're going to be buying our first setup from a local brewmaster in the next week or two! :D

Remclave

Back