How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First 5 gal batch was a hit, well received by friends and family (thanks edwort!) so i had to buy another better bottle to up the ante.

Just made another 10 gallons...

5 gallons with 1 lb of dextrose (~ 5%ABV) to be bottled and carbed to drink early as a hard cider. The other 5 with 2.25 lbs of dextrose (~10% ABV) to be bottled and corked for aging!

16355 + 10 = 16,365

+5, first batch for me. Had to use cane sugar though. We'll see how it goes! 16,385

My first batch is already in the total; did the second batch on Sunday, and it's bubbling merrily away in the Better Bottle!

16407 + 5 = 16412

I made at least 15 gallons in 2010, adding those in now.
16442+10=16457

16457 total gallons have been made according to this thread.

(Wow, that comes out to be 530+ barrels of Apfelwein. That is a one huge cellar!!)

Count me in for 2 gallons. 16,387 gallons (that's almost a great lake, right?)

Lake St. Clair (not even big enough to be a Great Lake, even though it flows from Lake Huron and into Lake Erie...) has an approximate volume of 902,916,061,000 gallons. I'm not saying that Apfelwine isn't great, but I have a feeling that we'll never make it.

Back