How many Co2 tanks ya got?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
I started with one, then traded for another, got given the next, two more from a craigslist and now I have 5. I keep one in the car for flat tires, another one is in the brewery where the kegs are stored, another one is in the kitchen where the beer is served, the next one is used for the Jockey Box, and the last two are waiting for a spot to open. How many ya got and where are they working?

That tank on the left was born the same year I was. The freaken thing is 36 years old, the neck is full of hydro stamps. The old girl has made some money in her day.

My past work in HVAC gave me a little training in doing transfers, so I don't have to pay to fill that little sucker up.

I have two. Wouldn't mind spares. It is always such a PITA to run out and realize your lazy self didn't get the backup filled, or that you were already on the backup.

I have two. I use one for the keggerator. The second I use for all kind of things like purging kegs, carbonating while I lager, and as a backup. Having a backup was essential when my first tank had to be re-certified. It took a little over a week.

Two. One for the kegerator and a one smaller paintball based tank system. I use the paintball setup for purging carboys and kegs and as an emergency backup when the big one runs out. Not the most efficient way of doing things, but I like the small size and portability since it is easy to transport and setup if I feel like taking a keg somewhere.

2 - 20's (one free, one nearly free from Craig's list)
Looking to get a paintball setup or maybe a 5lb for a portable keg system that I will end up building.

None so far... I have a keg so I sorta need a Co2 tank. So if there are any of those freebies left out there I'd definitely entertain paying shipping. :)

I have 5 and access to 2 more. 1-20# got for free from a guy getting out of catering, 1-5# with a kegorator kit for my first fridge, and 1-10# 1-5# 1-2.5# from the best Craig's list deal that I was involved in. We were heading to Gulf Shores Ala. from Atlanta for Shrimp Fest and I checked the local Craig's List ads there before we left. There was an ad in Pascagoula Miss. for 2-3 gallon corney kegs and misc. other items for $150.00. When I got there he had the kegs, they were brand new (still had $65.00 price tags on each), 2-dual gauge regulators, 3-CO2 tanks, one single pass cold plate and about 20 each beer and gas connections. I had planned to haggle with him on price but when I saw what he had to offer I just gave him the cash and packed it up.

i have 1 5lb tank. I just started kegging earlier this year. I'm currently carbing my 7th keg with it. I expect it to run out any moment now.

Until now, never thought about using the paintball tanks, have a few of those I got for free along with the paintball gun. Speaking of if anyone wants the paintball gun willing to trade something homebrew for it, figure I would only try and get 80 bucks for it..

6, 5 - 20lb tanks and 1 - 5lb tank. The 20lb'rs are on my kegorator, fountain drink machine, and welder, with the other 2 and the 5lb as spares. The 5lb tank does occasionally get used on my aquarium when I feel like trying to amp up plant growth, but haven't messed with that in a while.
I also know where I can get an old CO2 dewar tank for free, but I just don't have any way to transport that sucker to get it filled, and it's not worth the cost of getting airgas to deliver it for me.

Back