How does this tower look for my freezer kegger?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a similar two tap tower sticking out of my bar...nothing wrong with it at all. Paid about $80 on eBay. $130 for a three tap seems reasonable as it is direct from the Beverage Factory.

This is exactly what I have on my keezer. Got mine on eBay for the same price and it looks nice. The faucets will stick if you don't use them often, so keep that in mind. I'm just going to upgrade to Perlicks when I get some extra cash in hand.

I put that exact tower on my Bev-air BM23. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with it.

But, do yourself a favor... GET THE PERLICK FAUCETS NOW. When I ordered mine, they had the same tower on ebay, but with Perlicks. I passed on it, and it was a mistake.... The taps it comes with work fine, and are easy to clean, but they stick really easily, and in a short period of time, so unless you plan on pouring a beer every 8-10 hours to keep them un-stuck, get better faucets. I don't see it listed on their website, but I bet if you call them, you could sub them out...

On some towers you can swap for perlicks for an upcharge, very necessary.

They let me do it on the kegerator I bought there.

when the little bit of beer left in the faucet itself after a pour dries, it sticks on the seal and the tap handle sticks. Leave it for 3-4 days and it can be pretty hard to get un-stuck.

Perlicks design is much better and has much less problem with sticking.

I just got the regular faucets for now. I can upgrade to the perlicks later if I want.

Oh, you're so going to regret that. Especially when you pull the tower off the top of your kegerator trying to pour a beer.
knight.gif

_

Oh, you're so going to regret that. Especially when you pull the tower off the top of your kegerator trying to pour a beer.
knight.gif

_

I've had a keg fridge for two years with a standard faucet and it has never stuck.

Maybe I'm just cleaner than you guys?

I've had a keg fridge for two years with a standard faucet and it has never stuck.

Maybe I'm just cleaner than you guys?

I'm with Persitz...does it stick, sure, on occassion...will you pull the tower off the fridge because of it...of course not.

Work with what you have...if you have problems or a little sticking (or driping) now and then and it bothers you, then think about an upgrade...it's all you. I've used regular faucets for over 10 years...never been an issue for me.

Cheers.

Back