How do you put your co2 tank outside the kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy07

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this forum and new to brewing but I will be purchasing kegging equipment today and I just wanted to ask how you would go about putting your co2 outside of the refrigerator without losing the cold air inside? Do you just drill another hole? If so where? Thanks for any and all Comments!

It really depends on the fridge. I have mine drilled through the side, but some refridgerators have coils in the side. You just want to make sure you don't hit them.

I have it drilled so that my CO2 hose barely fits through. Then I just caulked around the hole.

My store bought kegerator doesn't have caulk, but seems to work without letting out too much cold air either way.

Newguy07
I went through the hump in the back and it was painless. Although the maker of my Fridgedaire mini frig (electrolux) assured me there were no coils in the sides they were very warm when running so I decided to go through the back hump. I drilled a hold just big enough to pull my hose through. This tight fit keeps condensation from wicking down the hose. It has made fiddling with the pressure a pleasure rather than a chore by moving kegs around to get at regulator. If you can I would do it.

Drilled a hole through the side the same size as the OD of the hose. Nice snug fit.

Back