How do I bottle my Force Carbonated Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerdlogic

Reaction score
I have a co2 tank plus regulator and I keg + force carbonate my beer; rocking it back and forth for like 25 minutes. I'm interested in bottling it now... and I'm curious how I would go about it -- in a safe way -- without priming sugar (since I force carbonate already to avoid the sediment granules).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thank you guys, this was intuitive and exactly on topic. We no need no stinking beer gun indeed.

I'm sure you already know this, but your beer isn't carbonated yet. 25 minutes isn't long enough.

You'll want to wait a couple of days.

Also, if you are using a foaming sanitizer when filling your bottles you need to be careful. You are suppose to cap on foam, BUT you need to cap on BEER foam, not your sanitizer foam. If you don't wait for the beer, your bottled beer will be flat.

I'm sure you already know this, but your beer isn't carbonated yet. 25 minutes isn't long enough.

You'll want to wait a couple of days.

you can carb in 30 minutes with a lot of CO2 and even more shaking, provided the keg was chilled.

I don't force carb rapidly though. 10 days at serving psi is just too easy.

Back