How do I add hops to Coopers Kit??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhudy

Reaction score
I want to experiment with adding some hops to coopers kits...

Does anyone have a suggestion on what to add and more importantly HOW??

Ya know, I was about to make a thread almost identical to this. Kind of weird. ok.....yea I wanna do the same thing, although I dont have a coopers kit, but just some hopped malt exct, and I wanna experience how to work with hops as well.
Is it "off the wall" to add more hops to a hoped extract?

Here's a great article from Oz.Craftbrewer.com, on how to make the best beer with cooper's kits...It's from Australia, the home of coopers, and from the craftbrewer radio guys.

Improving Your Kit

It's from the Craftbrewer Radio site...the article is a companion to.
April#2,2007

The guys get “Down and Dirty” for the Kit and Kilo brewer with the simplist yet method of making a kit beer that tastes great. They also taste the underpitched beer experiment, and follow up on a brewers problem with under-atttenuation. Our beer superhero tries to save the love of his life - and Wonder-Mole, while we look into a beer belly experiment. More on how to say beer words, drink driving, beer laws and a quiz question will fill out the program, with a typical Aussie beer tale sung at the end.

Click to listen;
http://radio.craftbrewer.org/shows/April2-07.mp3

Ya know, I was about to make a thread almost identical to this. Kind of weird. ok.....yea I wanna do the same thing, although I dont have a coopers kit, but just some hopped malt exct, and I wanna experience how to work with hops as well.
Is it "off the wall" to add more hops to a hoped extract?

I don't think it's off the wall. Occasionally my lhbs has the canned kits in their clearance bin cheap and I'll pick some up just for the fun of seeing how good I can make it.

Add some malt, hops, and adjuncts and go to town experimenting. It helps if you know how the added ingredients effect the beer. ;)

It's a nice way to brew some beer without having to haul my AG equipment outside, particularly in the dead of winter.

Back