How can yot yell the bottle is carbed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopOnHops

Reaction score
I'm a former bottler. I hated it, not for the work, it was the waiting and uncertainty that killed me. Some beers would be carbed in 2 weeks, other over a month. Other than opening up a bottle is there any other way to tell if a bottle is carbed?

I'm a former bottler. I hated it, not for the work, it was the waiting and uncertainty that killed me. Some beers would be carbed in 2 weeks, other over a month. Other than opening up a bottle is there any other way to tell if a bottle is carbed?

Plastic bottles will tell you. I started with a Mr. Beer kit and when I switched to 5 gallon batches I would still use the plastic bottles the kit came with. Eventually I would fill just one and then test by squeezing. When it's rock hard its ready to go.

brewfreeordie said:
Plastic bottles will tell you. I started with a Mr. Beer kit and when I switched to 5 gallon batches I would still use the plastic bottles the kit came with. Eventually I would fill just one and then test by squeezing. When it's rock hard its ready to go.

+1 This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My method has never failed me - EVER!

Step:
1. Open a bottle and listen carefully for the SHHH, then drink and check carbonation sensation on tongue.

+1

Once the Pepsi bottle is rock hard ( usually 1-2 weeks at room temp ) it's time to put the rest in the basement to condition.

bosco

Back