how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-20210624-WA0003.png

I have a pad just like that w a big list of isht I'm supposed to do for other people... I like your list better.. if I follow the logic; since I'm not owed anything, makes sense I don't owe anything to anyone else in return.

Not sure how good for "society" that is, ...but it's lookin' good to me.

speaking of ancestry: my grandparents in the bottom row & how I am related very distantly to the man who was the first Tarzan in the movies.

Edgar Rice Burroughs thought Elmo Lincoln was absolutely wrong for the part - the character was supposed to be lean muscular, not at all like the body-building muscular Lincoln was. but he had sold the rights to the character & stories, & therefore had no say in the matter

Lincoln actually killed a (old & feeble) lion on camera

he also had a bit part in DW Griffith's "Birth of a Nation"

family tree tarzan redacted.jpg

speaking of ancestry: my grandparents in the bottom row & how I am related very distantly to the man who was the first Tarzan in the movies.

Edgar Rice Burroughs thought Elmo Lincoln was absolutely wrong for the part - the character was supposed to be lean muscular, not at all like the body-building muscular Lincoln was. but he had sold the rights to the character & stories, & therefore had no say in the matter

Lincoln actually killed a (old & feeble) lion on camera

he also had a bit part in DW Griffith's "Birth of a Nation"

View attachment 733714
That's a weird meme. I don't get it.

A humongous throw-weight advantage should never be underplayed - go big or go home! :D

View attachment 733895
I served (briefly) aboard the USS New Jersey (BB-62), an Iowa Class battleship and sister ship to the Wisconsin. They were the last battleships in the last navy on the seas. A different time. A different era.

Those projectiles are humongous. I’ve visited the USS North Carolina BB-55 several times and I’m always in awe of the weaponry on her. The armor piercing 16” shells weighed 2700 lbs.
Here are a couple pictures for reference. I’m 6’-01” standing next to one of the 16 inchers and another standing in one of her 40mm mounts.
2D2F1271-7140-4C00-9604-759E56591A8D.png

869CDCD3-0CAE-44BD-9B07-B5F39199676A.png

Those projectiles are humongous. I’ve visited the USS North Carolina BB-55 several times and I’m always in awe of the weaponry on her. The armor piercing 16” shells weighed 2700 lbs.
Here are a couple pictures for reference. I’m 6’-01” standing next to one of the 16 inchers and another standing in one of her 40mm mounts.
View attachment 733902
View attachment 733903
Even more amazing is the fact that the 16" shell can be fired, accurately, over 20 miles. Six 110 lb. bags of HE gunpowder per each round fired.

Back