how about a meme generator thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6EEFDB49-58CC-4439-B325-BB97B9FFF6BA.jpeg

one night, a couple weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night to p, but the dog was sleeping right where my feet would hit the ground if I got up. I was able to scooch around & get out of bed without waking him, did my business & went to get back into bed.

then, the question was... how to get back into the bed without waking the dog?

can't climb in from the straight from the foot of the bed, because there's too much **** there, but I was able to slip in from the corner. had to hover over the wife in order to get fully on the bed before I could completely turn around & get under the covers...

& that's where I was when the wife's eyes popped open & she yelled, "WHAT THE F**** ARE YOU DOING!?"

we're still laughing about that. well, I am.

backstory: the dog is getting up in years & his bladder seems to be shrinking. he usually wakes me up every 2 hours during the night to go out. on rare occasions he lets me sleep more than 2 hours, so I return the favor

This is how they use the word in England (and probably other parts of the UK) so it is actually grammatically correct...

For the record it still bothers me though.

Well, we Americans haven't always seen eye to eye with English, but, since I think they make the best beer in the world, I'll give it a pass. :p

Last edited:
This is how they use the word in England (and probably other parts of the UK) so it is actually grammatically correct...

For the record it still bothers me though.

I think it is because it is a contraction of mathematics. And definitely used in former colonies, in Souf Africa, we've even contracted it to Mafs as a group of our citizens who speak English with an Afrikaans accent replace th with f.

My first car was a '52 Willys M-38, second was a '43 Willys MB. Loved those cars but looked at a 43 GPW recently, & darn, I forgot there was no leg room for 6 ft+ guy. But I was only in my teens back then, less flexible now.

Back