Houston, TX Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm headed to Amsterdam on the 17th. I'll be gone until the 25th or so. When do you think the shipment will come in?

I'll make arrangements for someone to pick it up if needed.

Though it seems as if it has been answered, I guess I should say its unlikely we do hops since the first pallet is full we would need to fill a second to order hops which probably won't have for this buy. Sorry

Oh I see how it is! It's all good, I'll be up for buying bulk grain when I get a house to do AG at.

Any reports on a location? I'm going to be busy all day tomorrow so unless I can call to set up the account late in the day I'm gunna have to wait until Tuesday, which I have free.

Alright, just talked to NCM they would allow me to set up an account but I believe I would need a tax ID number I'm seeing what I can do about this will get back to everyone once I know more.

Alright, just talked to NCM they would allow me to set up an account but I believe I would need a tax ID number I'm seeing what I can do about this will get back to everyone once I know more.

No go on finding a shipping facility on my end. I do have a truck and can assist with picking up and moving the grain to another location if the shipping facility we use doesn't want everyone showing up individually.

Thanks again, Steve, for organizing this. Owe you a :mug: or two for the effort!

Alright sounds like they're gunna set me up an account and send me an invoice soon. I'm going to PM everyone my email. Please email me your phone number so I can contact you quickly, and so I can email you what you owe. They are estimating a delivery date of 9/21.
If anyone has a shipping option please tell me today.

Ravenshead please send me an email with your info. Hopefully will be hearing from them tomorrow so I can send out bills before you leave the country.

Just so everyone knows I'm gunna look for a place to have this shipped in Galveston tomorrow because I need to tell them a location and nowhere else sounds promising. Let me know if anyone objects, I'm sure someone from the houston area could transport the majority of it up there.

Just so everyone knows, I am having it shipped to Galveston and should arrive on Wednesday. Waiting on the invoice right now but will send out emails tonight on how much you owe.

Ok emailed or PM'd everyone about paying. Will keep you up to date on payment and delivery. I will probably just keep the grain at my house if everyone wants to come get it/split it on the weekend.

Ok emailed or PM'd everyone about paying. Will keep you up to date on payment and delivery. I will probably just keep the grain at my house if everyone wants to come get it/split it on the weekend.

Looks like a party next weekend at Steve's house in Galveston! Will figure out my paypal stuff and send you payment this weekend, Steve. Dumperking? Really - need to know the story behind that one!

Also - Happy to pick up the other Sugar Lander's grain if needed. I am in Greatwood.

It's supposed to come on Wednesday, I'm hoping the afternoon because I'm going to be busy in the morning. If you're available I'm sure an extra person couldn't hurt unloading/sorting the grain. Its just getting dropped off at my Dad's office. I'm going to probably fill his truck up and take it to my house, do you have a place to store any of the grain because I got space but not the most convenient.

Alright still need a few people to submit payments. Please do it by the end of today so I can have it ready by Monday morning.

Want to keep everyone up to date, I received payment from everyone except Ravenshead who I'm assuming is not in the country but he's only got two bags so I'll cover him for now and see about reimbursement later. If anyone's friends with him let me know, might be easier to get the grain to him that way.
A few minor complications I want to mention; apparently it takes a few days to transfer paypal money to a bank account(I was informed of this but completely forgot) so I am not sure if the grain will be shipped tomorrow or if it will push it back a few days. I've also learned that paypal charges a fee to the recipient of money if the sender uses a credit card not a direct bank transfer. So while it was showing the full transfer by each person the total was off by about $30(only about half of you had this occur). Again I can cover this overage for now but would appreciate if y'all could reimburse me some of the cost since its slightly my fault too.

Payment

Payments will be collected once we have secured 42 bags (or we decide to process an order with less). I would like to do all payments through paypal, if you have an issue with this please PM me.

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.

Found this on another group buy thread.
Thought that I should post it for next time.

Yeah dumb mistake by me, really just the larger buyers that I might want a little money from since there fee was more in the $5-$10 range.

Good news everyone, grain shipped today, not really sure when it will get here though(guessing friday because they gave me an estimate of two days before). Unfortunately they inform me that homebrewers only get the 1,000lb pricing for some reason, I'm kind of skeptical of this since it doesn't say that anywhere but that's what they told me.
Only other mishap is they told me they had no great western 2-row, I was busy at the time and just wanted to get the order shipped, so I told them the canadian 2-row would be an ok substitute. I hope this is alright with those who ordered it, sorry I didn't ask.
I guess I'll check the grain when delivered and take it to my house for whenever y'all want to collect it. People can come whenever, only thing I think we should coordinate is when people who are splitting come so everyone can agree on the amounts. Let me know what everyone thinks.

If you have a bathroom scale, we can just use that. It's ok if it's a little off, as long as it reads each portion of the split as the same amount. If my rye and rice hulls are split with stevebuscemi as the witness, that's good enough for me (plus, why would I care if I got shorted a pound of rice hulls?). Is this ok by everybody else?

Bathroom scales not a bad plan got a fancy digital one, might work. I'll find out about when it will arrive tomorrow.

Kingwood-kid. I am taking a wild guess here.. That you live in kingwood? Mind grabbing my two bags for me? My parents live in kingwood and I'll be there Sunday to bottle some beer.. I'll bring ya a 6er for your trouble!

So the grain is supposed to arrive in Galveston tomorrow. I'm going to email everyone my address and phone number. I'm guessing saturday is going to be best for most people to get there stuff, so we should decide on a time frame to get it or atleast tell me what you think is best for you so I don't have to wait around all day wondering if people are going to stop by.
Also since not everyone is going to come down just let me know who is taking yours so I'm not responsible for any problems.
I'm sure I'm forgetting something so chime in if anyone has ideas.

Surf if you want to pick yours up tomorrow feel free. Just call me or something to see if I'm available, might leave the island for a few hours in the evening. It's getting delivered to 65th if you want I can tell you when it gets here, if that's easier, probably will be early afternoon.

Kingwood-kid. I am taking a wild guess here.. That you live in kingwood? Mind grabbing my two bags for me? My parents live in kingwood and I'll be there Sunday to bottle some beer.. I'll bring ya a 6er for your trouble!

I live in Humble now, but I can pick up for you and bring to my house. I won't be home Sunday, but wife should be if you want to come pick up then.

Latest posts

Back