Houston, Texas Only - Looking for Spent Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom125446

Reaction score
I am looking for spent grain from homebrewers in Houston, Texas. I want to use the spent to grain to attract feral hogs (for hunting). I am not looking for spent grain on any large scale, but I do want to test it in the field.

What you definitely get in return: Knowing that the byproduct of your brewing is being put to good use. Feral hogs are an invasive species that cause serious ecological damage. They also cause hundreds of millions of dollars in damage to property and to the agriculture industry in Texas every year. I will be using the spent grain to attract them, and hopefully in the process of patterning them to an area where I can get close enough to help alleviate the problem with my crossbow...one hog at a time.

What you may get in return (if you want it): Should I be successful in these endeavours, I would be happy to share the meat I harvest. Wild hog is delicious!

PM me you if are interested.

What part of Houston are you from? There are a number of clubs on the area that occasionally have brewing parties where a number of us will brew together. There's always a lot of grain to dispose of.

Back