Quantcast

Hope those on the East Coast took advantage of a beautiful brew day

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

TheH2

Reaction score
mid 60s just 5 days after getting snow where I live. So the ground water was still really cold but the temperature outside was perfect. I brewed in a t-shirt and shorts. Great day to be outside and the wort cooled in less than 15 minutes. Perfect way to spend a Saturday morning/afternoon.

tedski

Reaction score
I really wanted to!! Unfortunately, I had a busy week and didn't get anything bottled so a fermenter wasn't available. Instead, I got a nice motorcycle ride in after washing. Beats doing yard work like the neighbors were!

Jolly McStanson

Reaction score
I cleaned the garage.......I'm still cleaning the garage and sun is going down. I'm thinking about drinking a lot of home brew later and going streaking.

HughBrooks

Reaction score
It is a beutiful day to brew but I actually did a batch of belgian wit last nite. Wish I would have waited till today though I think it would have been better.

Evan

Reaction score
i just did my first 5k run, and i'm F-in sore, haha. having people over to watch U of L game tonight, and i'm brewing AHBS Spiced American Wheat tomorrow, might rain, but i have a covered carport i brew in or garage if its windy.

justinakajuice

Reaction score
No, my latest ingredients won't get here until the 11th! I'm not far from you, down in Woodbridge. Are you an AG brewer?

flylock_jac

Reaction score
Spent the best part of the day doing some fishin. Did take a couple
homebrews with me and enjoyed them in the fresh air.

beerjunky828

Reaction score
Worked and had to watch everyone enjoy a perfect day:ban: here in Boone, NC but picked some goodies up on the way home. Smuttynose IPA, Bear Republic Red Rocket, Fat Tire (NC debut this week), Stone IPA, and a Sam Adams Imperial White. Nevertheless it was pitcuresque. :mug:

Has anyone had the Imperial White?

Corkster

Reaction score
Here in Naches Wa we had an amazing windstorm that knocked down a bunch of my Poplar trees..... one of em is bloody friggin huge! like about 4-5 foot diameter...... Yay..I know where I'm getting next years firewood!

beerjunky828

Reaction score
Here in Naches Wa we had an amazing windstorm that knocked down a bunch of my Poplar trees..... one of em is bloody friggin huge! like about 4-5 foot diameter...... Yay..I know where I'm getting next years firewood!
4-5 feet diameter? That is friggin' huge!

Corkster

Reaction score
4-5 feet diameter? That is friggin' huge!
Yeah.. this monster has been lurking about the property since.. oh I dunno... the beginning of time or so..... I'm Fairly certain that Moses scratched down a copy of the Ten Commandments on it's trunk.....

That one has been threatening to come down for years... got hit by lightning about 15 years ago and had a huge scar burned out of it....

It took out about ten more trees when it fell! all considerably smaller than itself.

Corkster

Reaction score
ohh probably 125-175 feet from tip to stump.... I'll try to get out there and get some actual measurements tomorrow... for now... I gotta go to stupid work!

Evets

Reaction score
Great brew day today! Several of our "Lancaster County Brewers" members brewed a porter today for a 50g. bourbon barrel project. A wonderful time was had by all, I'm sure.:drunk:;)

Braid

Reaction score
Yeah, I spent the day running some cable between two pines for my hops. Had Sam's Imperial White. Not too impressive IMO. If you are expecting a wit, then you're gonna be way disappointed. It didn't taste bad, but pretty disappointing for being called "imperial."

SkinnyShamrock

Reaction score
I took advantage of the weather...inside haha. The drive to where I brewed was nice! Brewed an oatmeal stout at my place of employment, Troegs in Harrisburg. Having a hose-able floor, a hot water tap, several turkey fryer burners, multiple propane tanks, a counter-flow chiller, and a nearly unlimited supply of grain/hops/yeast was nice.

HopheadNJ

Reaction score
I was very disappointed to wake up feeling sick this morning and in no shape to start sanitizing. I was planning on brewing my Pacific Jade Pale Ale from AH today but unfortunately spent this beautiful day stuck to the couch. I brewed an oatmeal stout last Monday that's been bubbling away nicely. I may end up brewing tomorrow after work if I'm up to it.

RLinNH

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I put around 100 miles on the New Motorcycle. this weekend. Didn't order my Yeast in time to do a sufficient starter. So, starters and kegging this morning to go with the 6 INCHES OF NEW SNOW on the fugging ground:mad:

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
I did my first double-batch weekend...beautiful days both of them. Foreign Extra Stout on Saturday and a pre-Tripel Belgian Enkle (so I can harvest some Trappist yeast from the Enkle and pitch the remaining slurry in an upcoming Tripel).

But I gotta get a pond pump or something...my tap water is getting too warm to get a good, quick chill. Takes a good 30-40 minutes.:(

nostalgia

Reaction score
Great brew day! My starter (that I thought was dead) finally woke up. Got my Ruddles ESB clone in the fermenter, pitched the starter and it's fermenting like mad!

:ban:

-Joe

Bopper

Reaction score
Made a batch of mild ale and an 8 pound prime rib. Good Sunday.

Corkster

Reaction score
Great brew day! My starter (that I thought was dead) finally woke up. Got my Ruddles ESB clone in the fermenter, pitched the starter and it's fermenting like mad!

:ban:

-Joe
and to top it off you ESB has a snazzy jacket! That's a brew with fashion sense there!