Hop Farms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radwizard

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any smaller scale hop farmers that may sell to home brewers willing to drive out? I am trying to localize my brewing ingredients for a project I am working on, and would like top find farmers willing to sell directly. I have not had much success in my search so far. Anybody have any knowledge of smaller operations?

Not local to you, but Midwest Hop Producers in Plattestmouth, NE does just that. Granted, you would have to pay shipping..and its not the locally sourced product you're looking for but they do a good job. just my $0.02

Freshops both grows and distributes other farms' hops. Have you tried them? They sell in homebrew batch quantities up to pounds at a time.

Cool, thanks. I have not tried them before, but am looking into it. There really is not much information on their web site. I will try and do more research. What has your experience with them been like?

My experience with Freshops has been great. Good customer service. The owner, Dave, was super nice and helpful. Emailed and talked with him on the phone, actually. Focused on selling hops to homebrewers, can't speak to having a customer drive out to see them, though. They are located in Philomath- close to your Beaver nation. Hope this helps.

Back