HomebrewDad.com is changing domain names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
tl;dr - you don't need to update your links to the various HomebrewDad.com calculators just yet, but a decision has been made to change the name of the site to something more inclusive, more representative of the idea of a broad community (as opposed to one guy's blog).

That domain name will be "BrewUnited.com".

If you care to read about the reasoning behind the change or the details of the voting, full details are here.

tl;dr - you don't need to update your links to the various HomebrewDad.com calculators just yet, but a decision has been made to change the name of the site to something more inclusive, more representative of the idea of a broad community (as opposed to one guy's blog).

That domain name will be "BrewUnited.com".

If you care to read about the reasoning behind the change or the details of the voting, full details are here.

You're changing your blog to a community like HBT?

You're changing your blog to a community like HBT?

That actually happened a month or so ago. For obvious reasons, I did not advertise that here - I'm not looking to poach membership.

I will continue to blog, and have opened up the site to allow others to do the same (you may have notice that I've posted a couple of links to blogs others have done).

However, a heads up about the domain name change was in order, I thought, since some do use the various utilities.

Kind of reminds me of Manchester United. Gender arguments aside, I saw nothing chauvinistic about your name, but this one has a nice ring to it. I'll have to check it out, beyond the link to use utilities & such.:mug:

Kind of reminds me of Manchester United. Gender arguments aside, I saw nothing chauvinistic about your name, but this one has a nice ring to it. I'll have to check it out, beyond the link to use utilities & such.:mug:

Thanks, I agree, it does have a nice ring. The old name was certainly not chauvinistic - it was created to describe one homebrewing dad's blog. However, the site is no longer just that. I will keep the name for my personal blog posts, but the site as a whole will change.

Well, I for one get the name completely, man. I'm a "home brewing dad" myself. Got a nice lil buzz from 1st FG sample of the kottbusser just now. Oh yeah! :mug:

Very good. I look forward to the new domain and design.

Well ****, I was going to leverage your brand and register homebrewsinglecatlady.com. I figured we could marry the two and include women. :p

I take it you have't moved over yet since the site didn't come up?

Well ****, I was going to leverage your brand and register homebrewsinglecatlady.com. I figured we could marry the two and include women. :p

You w omen ruing everthing

lol @ domain.

Nope, this is an early warning (we haven't moved yet). We just closed voting last night. The domain is purchased (I had actually gone ahead and bought our top two options in case some jerk of a cybersquatter tried to steal them), but we still need to design a new logo, give the site a fresh coat of paint, etc.

All of the old pages - calculators, recipes, etc - will forward to the new domain when the time comes, but I expect that will take a few weeks.

Back