Homebrew coach?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racehead

Reaction score
Working out kinks in my new brew-room and looking for a commercial (or alternatively VERY experienced homebrewer) to hang out for my next brew day (Fairfield County, CT).

e-HERMS 20g setup

Will supply homebrew and snacks plus maybe a slave to clean up.

Any takers?

Working out kinks in my new brew-room and looking for a commercial (or alternatively VERY experienced homebrewer) to hang out for my next brew day (Fairfield County, CT).

e-HERMS 20g setup

Any takers?
Pay for my plane ride...

487A816A-63C8-4927-8349-BCAA75EA9006.jpeg
What’s your level of experience?
Started extract in early ‘00s, built my new brewery this spring and started all-grain. Never brewed a beer my friends (and I) didnt love. Brewed about 100 gals so far all-grain - looking to get better.

Beer Troll ...change all the plugs to GFCI.... Not bashing you ..it is really sweet set up.. you asked for a coach.. I don't see why after 1View attachment 601899 00 batches..

100 gals or so (maybe 80), not batches! Just looking to smooth the edges of the process by having a pro look over my shoulder.

Do you like the quick connect.

Last edited:
Batches are 15gals - grain bill is typically 30-45 lbs total

I like the quick connects - never used cams

I could prolly help you out if I had more brewing experience than you do, but I don't :(

I might could be able to help you improve your drinking skills tho.

EDIT: That's a really nice brew room you got there.

did you have problems with the pumps ?

Last edited:

e-HERMS 20g setup

Any takers?[/QUOTE

Last edited:
Ha, I'm right in South Windsor, CT and I have the same spike system and fermenter! I brew in my garage though... I wish I had room inside the house for this. I have had this system for about 2 years and have done roughly 25 batches. Someone posted above to follow Kal's brewday step-by-step, which I agree with and is what I used to get used to this system (he also has a 20 gal HERMS). You can also check out the spike system thread on this website that I and many others have posted very useful information into (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/spike-complete-system.599487/). After you peruse these (if you haven't already) feel free to message me if you have some questions! I'm probably an hour or so away from you and have a 7 month old, so it's a little tough to brew right now, but I have been! Always looking for people to brew with, but not sure how much you know (I'm sure I could teach you some things, but I'm sure I could learn from you as well).

e-HERMS 20g setup

Any takers?

Can you share your typical process?
Recipe?
Water profile and treatment?

Back