Home brewing for Celiac's Disease

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickahyatt

Reaction score
I had long home brewed because I like a good sipping beer, rather than the commercial quaffing beers that a guy like I can afford.
Then I found out I have Celiac's Disease, and guess what the gluten in wheat does to me? www.rickhyatt.freeservers.com, if you have this disability, because what you may not know about how it is used by the espionage world will blow your mind.
But to the point! I'm back to home brewing with the idea of making an adult beverage on the cheap; living at present on SS disability and staying gluten-free at all times.
I used to hike the valleys of Maui to get cherry guavas and the like to make my 5 gal. home brew, but have found that the local chain store carries inexpensive frozen berry juice concentrate at $.69 a can that works well. With ten cans, sometimes a little extra sugar, gluten-free yeast and additives such as Juniper berry and raw ginger (GREAT for arthritis!) I can make a fairly fine brew. I also add vitamin B-12 for the vitamin deficiency Celiac's gives one.
What I'd like to know is how to replicate that "Can-like metallic" taste that Japanese Asahi beer has. I lived there when younger, and loved it!
Hail the hydrometer!
Pls email me at [email protected] if you have an answer, or perhaps I'll check back here.

The sulphides. If I import any one helpful item to you folks out there, it's in all of the commercial wines you can find, and to the least extent, Carlo Rossi's Rhine Wine.
I say this for the fellow sufferers of Celiac's Disease, who must also avoid most red wines for this additive that clarifies most commercial products.
Beware the "Fortified wines!" Added are GRAIN ALCOHOL...
Same with the classifiers sold by home brew shops, avoid them.
And yet to battle this morning sinus cleavage of the brain? I recommend the spice Turmeric, sold at any grocery store, with so many antihistamines and things good for the intestines, that (As a part of curry) means much of India does not know intestinal cancer. A spoonful with water or in veggie juice is good and you'll notice it right away.

Back