Home Brew Things that Sound Dirty but aren't

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDomeBrew

Reaction score
So I got my Northern Brewer catalog the other day and came across the Portuguese Floor Corker. I'd never noticed it before, but it made me laugh. I thought that in a different type of magazine, this could mean something very different. So I'm left wondering, what are some other Home Brew/beer/etc things that sound like they aren't for mixed company, but are. Anybody else have this same type of experience?

I don't have one off the top of my head, but the Portuguese Floor Corker... Wow man. That one I chuckled out loud at.

Well played BigDomeBrew, well played.

On a related note....

I've always wondered what was up with all the craft beers with dirty/disgusting sounding names.

Moose Drool
Buffalo Sweat
Etc.

Swivel nut
Close Nippel
Shank
Bunghole (and most other things associated with cask conditioning)
Pediococcus
Dip tube
Keg Lube
O-ring...

Cork soakers

I remember hearing a story of the two crazy wine makers who years ago actually soaked each others corks at the same time. I think it was some time between '68 and '70

Premature flocculation. Hate that problem.
Head :)
Lacing
Anything relating to the big bag that biabers use

How about Full Krausen? Blow off tube? Auto siphon? It's amazing how fast a mind can twist just about anything in that direction.

On a related note, anyone ever do a Google search for what you thought was a common, innocent term and have crazy, twisted crap show up -- even when safe or moderate search is on? Can't remember what the most recent one was, but SWMBO and I were sure glad the kids weren't around! Apparently there is no end and nothing sacred where human depravity is concerned...

Wiping your bunghole
Sanitizing your bunghole

I still find that thread funny. If I wasn't on my phone is post a link.

How about that Carboy with a bung in it's hole that I keep in the closet?

I only open the closet to look at it's bubbles, and maybe watch it flocculate.

And I only take it out of the closet after 3-4 weeks to unplug the bunghole, stick a tube in it, and rack it over.

Then it's on to a new carboy. Variety is the spice of life! :ban:

It has to be in the right tone, but sometimes I think of a German woman in shiny leather saying things like "Krausen," "Vorlauf," and "Hefeweizen" in a dirty way.

"... And now it's all over the walls and ceiling. It'll take forever to clean up and SWMBO's pissed."

Well we just had a 'group brew' and it got me thinking that 'mashing with a buddy' might a little wrong...

Back