Holy Skunking...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skitter

Reaction score
Picked up some random Scottish Ale from the local grocer, HEB, and I forgot to note it was in a clear bottle. Not to mention the fact it looked like it had been there awhile.

Now, I have tasted LIGHT skunking in some beers like Corona, but I always assumed it was called skunking just because of the off odor/flavor.

This beer, when I opened it, smelled and TASTED like Skunk, and I am not kidding... My wife even commented on how my breath reeked after I quickly chugged it down (not one to waste beer/money).

Clear glass bottles? NEVER again...

I bought a Pilsner Urqeull from a liquor store. The first one was great, I went back later and got another one. That one was skunked up all to hell. Green bottles. I really like that beer so I was sad. I was happy to find a 6 pack of Pilsner Urqeull in bottles in a carboard container. It completely covered it, and every beer was great!

It was a build your own 6 pack to thankfully only had 1, found out I like Wasatch - The Devestator, and dislike Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, Founders Breakfast Stout, Red Rocket Ale, Newcastle Black ale is ok...

Latest posts

Back