Holy Jebus I cant sleep

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
I thought that my coffee intake was what is keeping me up at night. I usually work PM shifts and am at work til 10 or 11 most nights, and I drink around a pot of coffee while im working. And I am usually in bed by 4am or so.
Well I worked an AM shift today and got out around 5. Now its 330 in the morning and havent had caffeine since 5pm and I still cant sleep. FML. I am temped to try and sleep for a few hours then just start my day like normal. Sorry just spewing useless stuff as im still awake.

It's just the fact that your body is acclimatised to the PM shift, I'll bet you got to sleep at your normal time. It takes a while for the clock to swing back, tiredness alone won't do it.

That's why I always hated shiftwork.

Shift work does suck at times. I usually work 2pm-11pm with about a 45min commute. Every 3 weeks or so I end up working the morning shift 5am-2pm. Making that transition is the biggest pita!

I've had to do that and ended up with headaches from the caffeine withdrawal.

Latest posts

Back