Hogs's Head Beer of the Month club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mermaid

Reaction score
My sister and brother-in-law (who live in IL, not understanding that it's impossible, or darn near impossible to have beer shipped to MA) bought me a membership in the Hog's Head Beer of the Month club. (Hog's Head Beer of the Month Club - The Best Beers of America)

The web site seems legit, but they did not specify that there is no shipping to MA (like on other beer-of-the-month club websites).

Anyone have any experience with this club? Would it be possible (or likely) that they would only ship beer brewed within the state? (not that I would mind, there are some excellent craft breweries in this state).

What a nice gift, M! I agree with you that the website looks legitimate, but I don't have any experience with them. Perhaps someone else who has will come along. It seems like you have two options, perhaps:

1. leave it be, see what happens, which probably means they'll ship to you in MA and no one will be the wiser

2. give them a call or shoot them an email, tell them you received this gift but are curious about whether they actually ship to MA

Happy Holiday and New Year, M!

As a follow up, turns out they have some special ninja delivery system. They drop ship the beer to some location within MA, re-package it, and then use a courier service to deliver it to the recipient's door. The beer in the domestic selection (the gift I received) is so-so by my impossibly lofty standards, but I am grateful for the sentiment (coming from my non-beer-geek sis and her hubby).

Beer-of-the-month is a nice gift, and for anyone who has relatives/friends in MA, this place does indeed ship to MA.

Back