Hockey Horror

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSabresBrewer

Reaction score
I know manyof you dont watch hockey and most of you didnt see the game, but the Sabres just hosted the Panthers in one hell of a scary game. In the third period Richard Zednik of the Panthers was caught by a skate across the neck. He left and eerie trail of blood on his way to the locker room. 19,000 fans at the arena, announcers, officials, and players looked on in horror. It was one of the scariest things I have seen live on TV. After 15 minutes of collective silence and prayer it was announced that Richard Zednik was in stable condition and on his way to a hospital. I dont know if the eventual youtube video will do it justice but I for one will remember this for awhile and am very glad he is going to be alright.

I was relieved to hear the announcement that he is in stable condition. Very scary. I have always said the worst sports moment I had ever seen was Clint Malarchuk's injury. This is up there. Both in Buffalo, as well...

9/9 said:
I was relieved to hear the announcement that he is in stable condition. Very scary. I have always said the worst sports moment I had ever seen was Clint Malarchuk's injury. This is up there. Both in Buffalo, as well...
An even worse curse than not winning any major championships.

THAT WAS INTENSE. I actually got quessy seeing all that blood on the ice. It came out like a damn firehose. I'm glad to hear he's in stable condition now.

OMG Just seen the Uncut clip that was Scary! Hope he makes a full recovery looks like it hit his jugular. Makes me think of the Boarding incident back in the 90's with Draper and Lemieux WOW!

Yikes, I hadn't heard about this at all. Good to hear he's going to be ok. What a freak accident...and that was a LOT of blood....

RICLARK said:
OMG Just seen the Uncut clip that was Scary! Hope he makes a full recovery looks like it hit his jugular. Makes me think of the Boarding incident back in the 90's with Draper and Lemieux WOW!

This was worse than the Draper hit. Frankly, the only thing I can think of worse than this one was the Clint Malarchuk incident.

eriktlupus said:
my local news sports had it on unedited. reminds me of when fischer went down for the wings.

For me, it was more like when Pronger took the puck to the chest during the playoffs at the Joe.

It was incredible to see. The crowd went absolutely silent and then went nuts when he got up.

I'm proud to say I was there. It was the classiest thing i've ever seen in sports.

9/9 said:
This was worse than the Draper hit. Frankly, the only thing I can think of worse than this one was the Clint Malarchuk incident.

Agreed. The Draper hit was horrific, but not comparable to this.
The Malarchuk cut was equally disturbing. The way he just stayed there and you saw the gallon of blood fall to the ice was incredible.

ytsejam said:
I raise my glass to the medical staff in Buffalo.
They almost certainly saved his life.

+2...A fine job performed by the doctors & nurses in Buffalo. Yes, Big John, it's hard to believe that similar stuff doesn't happen more often.

Back