History Channel - Beer Night!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibfried

Reaction score
Just to give you all the heads up. The History Channel is having some beer history shows on tonight. Set your DVR's!

Walker said:
Sweet. Gotta clear some of SWMBO's Oprah episodes off the Tivo when I get home.

-walker

No kidding man. I just moved a whole bunch of Law and Order episodes over to DVDs cause my wife keeps the damn things on the TIVO taking up space, and never watches them. But as soon as I delete one...Oh god...release the fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORRELSE said:
No kidding man. I just moved a whole bunch of Law and Order episodes over to DVDs cause my wife keeps the damn things on the TIVO taking up space, and never watches them. But as soon as I delete one...Oh god...release the fury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Law in Order is one of those shows that will cause Tivo to go NUTZ-O with the 'suggestions'. There are 3 or 4 'flavors' of that show, and it assumes that you like them all if you like any of them. (My wife watches one... I don't know which one it is, but it stars Jayne Mansfield's very attractive daughter.)

-walker

word to the times....

and word to discovery channel broadcasting in HD
and word to living at home, and watching dad's hdtv

basically... word to beer in HD.... too bad my 2nd batch is still conditioning :(

And now the dilemma, go to dollar beer night at the Brass Horse, or stay home and watch beer history in glorious high definition. I hate this kind of decision.

They actually did a really good show on beer. The history channel rules!

Thanks for the heads up! I went to the basement last night to bottle the Scotch Ale and add the spice tea to the English Ale, I turned on the TV for some background noise, and lo and behold, there's a show about hard liquor on the History Channel. I remembered this thread and thought, "They've got to do one on brewing tonight." Ten minutes later, the episode on brewing came on. It was like the brewing gods were looking down upon me.

Back