Hi, just a brewbabe from Cincinnati!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewWench

Reaction score
My husband (MrFebtober) and I have just switched to all-grain, and have been brewing together for about a year and a half! We learned a lot about beer when we lived in Montana for a few years (I was there studying paleontology), and since we've moved to Cincinnati we've been brewing more than ever. It's an awesome couples hobby and we're looking forward to doing it almost every weekend this summer!

I love commercial beers too, and so far we have visited Goose Island, Great Lakes, New Belgium, and Flying Dog breweries. My favorite styles of beer are German hefeweizen and schwarzbieren, Belgian sour ales, lambics, wheats, and saisons, American pale ales and IPAs, and Vienna-style lagers.

I guess that's it for me. Cheers! :mug:

Welcome. We can always use more people that like sour beers. Any beer of mine that sours, gets dumped.

Yeah, we're planning on going to the NHC. We'd like to bring some homebrew, but no one has really let us know what they'd like us to make for our HBT stand. I'm looking forward to it!

Good to see another couple Cincinnati area brewers around.

If you haven't already tried it, a great commercial brew to try in Cincinnati is Christian Moerlein's OTR (Over-The-Rhine) Ale. Awesome pale ale!

LOL Homercidal

Actually, we just finished 5 gallons of OTR from our kegerator and just tapped the second 5 gallons. But Barbarossa is my favorite Moerlein brew :c )

Welcome to the forums.

MrFebtober has spoken very highly of you. He holds you in highest esteem. He's nothing without you.

...note to self...MrFebtober owes me $20.00...

;)

Welcme to HBT BrewWench!
I you and MrFebtober definately need to hook up with the rest of us HBtrs at the conference. It should be a blast!

Adrock - So I see you live in Fort Thomas as well... I think I'm going to keep this a secret ;c ) I bet you're within stumbling distance though.

Rich - Thanks! We're going to be buying pretzels for the stand, last I heard, and bringing a couple kegs. I'm looking forward to it! We got kind of involved with the brew scene in Montana, but just moved here last fall and haven't done a lot yet.

Rich - Thanks! We're going to be buying pretzels for the stand, last I heard, and bringing a couple kegs. I'm looking forward to it! We got kind of involved with the brew scene in Montana, but just moved here last fall and haven't done a lot yet.

Great! I'm looking forward to meeting both of you!

I love commercial beers too, and so far we have visited Goose Island, Great Lakes, New Belgium, and Flying Dog breweries.

I used to live not too far from Goose Island. What a great brewpub that is. Did you hear they are closing the Clybourn location?

Anyway, you said you've been to Great Lakes? Are you a fan of the Edmund Fitzgerald?

Wait... you'd better not answer that....

The Ed Fitz is my favorite porter, but I'm generally not a huge porter fan. Their Eliot Ness is my favorite GL beer, with Holy Moses a distant second.

Back