Hi from a Connecticutioner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthoc116

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time drinker, first time brewer. My first extract batch is 4 days the primary, and so far I think it's still on it's way to becoming beer... Love the forums, they've been a huge help. Look forward to learning from everyone here. :mug:

Hey fellow Connecticutter,

Welcome to HBT and a whole new obsession for you.

-John from Hamden

Found and followed a recipe for an extract summer ale. Not sure how it will turn out, but I'm treating it as a learning experience first, and a taste experience second. Realized a little too late that my kitchen equipment wasn't the best for brewing, but a 60 qt stockpot is now in transit (one batch was enough to get me hooked and start buying stuff), so hopefully I won't have to relive my first boilover incident again....

As an aside, "Connecticutioner" is the result of a lengthy debate I had with my friend over what we from the Nutmeg State should be referred to as...I'm hoping it the term takes :p

Welcome to the obsession. Incase your looking for a good homebrew shop close by, Brew and Wine Hobby on Pitkin street in East Hartford is a great place and are always helpful.

Welcome. I'm a new guy too. I grew up in Bristol but live just north of Atlanta. Collecting the spoils of victory from my southern friends.

Back