Hersbrucker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john21

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a hold of some hersbrucker rhizomes. Anyone have any leads for me please? Searching the more popular garden sites ha e come up empty handed.
Thanks
John

Hersbucker is the old german landrace that is in the Saazer class varietals (source USDA) - has low yields so it is not grown commercially here - hence, no rhizomes. However, Mt. Hood is really close. The next closest would be Hallertauer (US) then Santiam & Spalter Select.
Hope this helps if you decide to substitute.

Tbrau, thanks, but the wider known or searchable sites on google do not have it.

Great Lakes, thanks very much for the comps. I've seen it's available in Australia so I was hopeing a hophead on this thread may have some growing. I'll wait a few days to see if someone does. I am planning on buying a couple crowns from you of tetnanger and columbus, I may end end up subbing that as well. Thanks again and appreciate the informative info and gentle sales awareness. Good job.

Thankyou John - if you do find a verified source of Hersbucker you can sell some to me:)
(I've been looking for them and a Zattler for awhile)

I've seen them for sale in Australia. Bit too far to travel!

Back