help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayne

Reaction score
I've made a brew of strawberry cider with fresh strawberrys and apple juice
Bottled and got a bit of a fizz.but one bottle out of six had white bits in it
Another had what looks like an oil ring on top,others are fine can anyone help, sorry first time on here

Can you give us some more info? What yeast did you use? What was your bottling procedure/timeline. Did you add anything else to your cider? How long since bottling? What temp did you store at? What about chilling before drinking? How did you pour?

There are lots of possibilities for what you see, more info can help us diagnose and treat your problem.

It could be as simple as just some yeast that got transferred over when you bottled, but we need a little more info.

Strawberry ciders only been bottled a week,kept at room temp, can't remember brew time it was just left until fermentation stopped.
Added a strawberry and apple juice after racking mixed then bottled.

I would suggest giving the cider another two weeks at room temp to carbonate and then chill them for a few days before drinking. When you pour, make sure to pour slowly and not "glug". Leave the last 1/4 inch or so in the bottle (this will be yeast and other sediment)

I think your white floatie stuff is probably yeast. Not sure about the oily sheen you saw.

Back