Help with my fruit brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwangnyc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to make a Pale Orange Beer. Heres what I have done so far.

I made the wort with

1 Can Hopped Light Malt Extract
2 LBS light Dried Malt Extract
1 LBS of Crustal Grain
1 Ounce Cascade Hop Pellets

During the process I took about 9 oranges worth of zest and put it in a hop bag and boiled it in the wort.

Now 30 hours into the fermentation the wort is bubbling away and it smells fantastic.

BTW if anyone has any suggestions it would be a great help since this is my first batch.

Woulod fresh OJ be okay for the secondary? How much should I put in? How long should the Primary and the Secondary sit for?

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

PS
I think i used too much whole crystal grain. So much for a pale huh?

Avoid the OJ. You did the right thing using the zest; that's where all the flavor is. Personally, I'd let it be, I wouldn't add anything more at this point. See what you have with this recipe before trying to do too muchk, you always have the NEXT batch to experiment with, as well.

Let the beer sit in the primary for a week (two weeks is fine, if you get tied up with the holidays). Two weeks in the secondary. Prime, bottle, then three weeks from then you should be good to go.

Back