Help with Lager Recipe/Conundrum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmeister13

Reaction score
I have a friends wedding coming up and would like to brew some beer for it. I am planning an IPA or Pale Ale and either an Amber or Brown ale. However, the grooms favorite beer is Peroni Nastro Azzurro (not exactly what I would want to drink, but to each their own). My first problem is that I cannot find a recipe for this (surprise, surprise) and my second problem is that I would rather not tie up my freezer lagering this beer for 6 months. Any suggestions on possible recipes or short cuts? My friend describes Peroni as very smooth, crisp and with a touch of sweetness if that helps.

First off, he will be too busy to enjoy your beer, so buy him some Peroni and let him enjoy his day. Think about his guest, they are the ones who will have time to sit around and enjoy good beer.
Second, you can do a lager if you pitch the yeast cold at about 43 and let it rise to 50. Also, pitch about twice as much yeast as you would an ale and make sure you oxygenate it when the wort is cold. You will still have to either filter it or wait a few weeks after fermentation for it to clear.
Personally, I would do a German Lager and a light IPA/hoppy APA to cover the craft drinkers and the lager drinkers.

First off, he will be too busy to enjoy your beer, so buy him some Peroni and let him enjoy his day. Think about his guest, they are the ones who will have time to sit around and enjoy good beer.

Not sure about you, but I had plenty of time for good beer at my wedding :tank:. I didn't get to eat much, but you gotta have your priorities.

I'll probably end up taking your advice though and just get him a 12 pack of his favorite beer and stick to some good ales for everyone else.

Latest posts

Back