Help with finishing touch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niginata

Reaction score
So I'm going to finish up on my keggle this weekend. I plan on drilling a hole and weld a half inch cuppling for a pick up tube and ball valve.

In addition I was thinking about welding in a thermostat but based on very thing I am seeing it doesn't seem like there is anyone who has done it, it seems that everyone using weldless thermos. Is it because a the heat from welding would damage the thermo? Or is it just easier for those who don't have welders?

I am also wondering about the pick up tube and false bottoms. As for right now I will probably be using pellets for most of the brews and it seems that a false bottom does not really filter all that well. It it make more sense to stuff the pick up tube with a s/s scrubber instead? And how would you remove a 15 inch false bottom from a keggle?

Thanks for the help you guys.

I wouldn't weld the thermo directly because thermos fail.

Weld a coupler for the thermo. I have this. Just make sure you note the therads on the thermo when you order them. Replacements are difficult to find for mine because most thermo's have straight threads and I have tapered. Or vice versa. I forget.

I wouldn't weld the thermo directly because thermos fail.

Weld a coupler for the thermo. I have this. Just make sure you note the therads on the thermo when you order them. Replacements are difficult to find for mine because most thermo's have straight threads and I have tapered. Or vice versa. I forget.

sweet good to know, thank for the input

Latest posts

Back