Help with F.G

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewForMe

Reaction score
Brewed my second AG batch 2 weeks ago, Da Yoopers House Pale Ale. Fermented at 62* with S-05. My O.G. was 1.060. After 1 week, it was at 1.024, now after 2 weeks, it is only at 1.020. Yoop says she racked and dry hopped after 2 weeks in primary and I dont know if I should give it another week or 2 in primary before I rack and dry hop or will it dry out more even if I rack it off. The taste is ok, but it could stand to be a little more dry, I would be happy if I could hit 1.015, any tips. I did raise temp of primary to 74* after the first week trying to help things along, what would you do and thanks in advance.:drunk:

The two likeliest causes here are yeast health or mash temperature. If you are sure both of those were in good order, you might want to consider doing a fast fermentation test to get some diagnostic information. Braukaiser.com has a good description of how to do this.

In the meantime, you can nudge temps up a bit and try rousting the yeast.

Fermentation appeared very good, lasting about 6 days and as far as I could tell, I hit all of my mash temps right on.

Try a calibration test of your thermometer. I had one reading about 5 degrees too low. So when I thought I was mashing at 153, I was actually at 158. Had the curse of the 1020 for about 3 batches before I figured that out.

Back